Songs Of The Universe

Scientists say that the universe was born with something called the big bang, an explosion of gas, matter, and everything else that makes up our galaxy. They say that the way of the universe all depends on what’s in it and what’s around it. I know better. The universe was born with a song. A wild array of sound so loud and diverse you could hear it everywhere, and everywhere it traveled, it brought light and beauty. The song was so loud, that it broke and made smaller ones, all having their own melodies.

This planet that we live in, Earth, is just a song. At first, everyone could hear it, and they all cherished it and listened to it as it was their life. People lived in harmony, feeling the song like it was the soundtrack to their lives. 

Soon, everything changed. People began to mute it out. They didn’t listen anymore. They were too concerned about their own conflicts and problems. Then the wars began. The world was a battle field, with world war one and then world war two right after it. Nobody had time for anything, everyone was rushing about. The world was a playground for negativity.

This was why I was born. My parents thought they had birthed an ordinary child, but soon knew they didn’t. My mother noticed immediately. I didn’t cry or wail or scream. The doctor said it was normal. During my first 3 years of being alive, I did not make a sound. When I was 4, I said my first word, song. My parents were overjoyed and began to teach me new words. When I was 5, they took me to see a child physiatrist. Instead of being an active little girl, I stared at things and didn’t respond when spoken to. He said I was very distant; and dismissed me as a trouble child.

 I always knew I was different, without anyone telling me, as was the world. The song was not there anymore, but it was. The song was in nature. The song was the wind, and nobody heard it. Except for me.

I was not staring at things when I was young, I was merely just listening. I realized that every song was different and everything had a song. Flowers, trees, wind, and even animals themselves had songs. I heard them all. Because of this, I was labeled a loner and a misfit.

I’m not alone, though, I know I’m not the only one. There are others like me out there, who want the rest of the world to hear the song, who want to find somebody like themselves. Only a few of us were born with this. We don’t show ourselves because we know we’ll stand out from everybody else. its my job to find them.

My name is Lyric, I am 10 years old, born on December 25 and I can hear the song. I can hear the song of the universe.