1. My Dearest Julia

How are you? I heard from Spencer you were not well. I know it's been difficult with father's recent passing, but we must stand strong. That would certainly be how he would've wanted it. I wish I could be there to help you, though we both know that father's estate needs dealing with. It is such a pain, he was not organized by any means. In matters of business however he was immaculate, which I am incredibly thankful for. I am about half way through settling his will, it was such a difficult task getting this far, that I dread to even think on all the things I have yet to sift through. To say father was cryptic would be the understatement of the century. My mind and body are quite spent, it's getting harder and harder to focus. In a way I'm glad you are staying elsewhere, for if you were here it would not be beneficial to your constitution. Oh! I almost forgot, I saw the most beautiful raven today. I was leaving the dining room after tea this afternoon and, there he was, stately and lithe, poised on the windowsill like he owned the place. I can't forget him, for one reason or another he just won't leave my mind. Perhaps I should try drawing him, though I doubt my meager talent would give him justice. Also, I must ask your opinion on a certain matter, father never wrote in his will what he wished us to do with his collection of paintings. He acquired so many, at least 200, and I cannot stand the thought of selling them, I also don't believe we have enough room to hang them all. At the moment most of them are being kept in a few large rooms on the forth floor. They are all covered in enormous white sheets, stacks upon stacks of paintings, all varying in size. What is your opinion on the matter?

I believe Spencer is calling my name, I apologize so very much for the shortness of this letter. I promise a much longer one in future, once I settle some pressing matters that is. Please write of your condition, I implore you. Also let me know how cousin Jack is fairing with his new bride, I'm just dying to meet her.

Forever yours,

Elena