Prolouge: 1

Sofia's fingers searched for the control of Air conditioner in order to reduce the temperature of the room by some degrees. Even though it had been a year since she left Spain and started living in Brisbane, she wasn't quite acquainted to the immense temperatures of Australian summer.

Her skin burned as the first rays of sun fell on her. She squirmed under the rays and tenderly opened her eyes. She squinted to adjust to the bright sun, and closed the shutters of the windows using the control as well as dropped a couple of degrees of AC.

She further snuggled into the thin blanket and cocooned herself in the white sheet of cotton. For her, the morning starts at eleven in the morning on Saturdays considering it was a week-end and thus, time to take some rest. If it were for her, she would've slept till two in the after-noon but duty calls.

As she was slowly drifting off to the land of dreams, an annoying noise awoke her. Grumbling, she attended the call from her business partner, Janet.

"Hello," her voice was groggy.

"Hello Soph! I hope you didn't forget about the meet and you need a certain things for it."

"Cool, Janet. I'll go dress shopping at two."

"It's already three! When is your two?"

"What!" Sofia threw off her covers and checked for time. Her eyes nearly popped out and she started hyperventilating. If Ethan wasn't in Spain for summer, he would've woken his mumma up by then.

"I'm going now! Bye," she said and ended the call.

The cocktail party was very important for Sofia. She was in dire need of more funds for the chain of cafés she opened over the past year. And also, she would like to make an impressive image in front of her parents when they'd settle in Australia post this summer.

Her parents, Arthur and Bella, decided to help Phillipe for a year after his coronation and move in to Brisbane once the time's suitable to leave. They rang Sofia a couple of days earlier that they had made a decision to spend the rest of their lives with their daughter.

Hurriedly, Sofia brushed her teeth, washed her face and completed other morning activities before wearing a summer dress.

Once reaching the desired destination, Sofia went through what the store had in offer for her. In truth, all dresses seemed good to her, and so she took the one that best fits her.

It was a red wrap up dress, covering her till mid-thigh. The dress could pass for a semi-formal one, too. In all the ways, it seemed to be the most appropriate one to a party.

"Red looks good on you..."

Her heart fluttered just a little bit when that memory invaded her mind, but she brushed the feeling off. It still was an odd feeling for her. Why does her heart flutter suddenly, just because of his words?

Once the transaction was complete, she drove back to her house. The house was magnificent and spacious with all the modern technology, the one that she could have never afforded with her savings.

When her parents offered to invest in her business idea, she politely declined saying she needs to start fresh and realize her potential. But they wouldn't take no for an answer, and instead, they insisted to purchase a house for her. She was grateful because Ethan loved the place dearly and her bank account couldn't have supported the amount. Her business loan itself served as a huge debt, she didn't want to involve herself in a house debt, too.

Parking her BMW which was a bonus with her house, she unlocked her door. Her legs and arms worked as fast as they could. The clock ticked six and she was supposed to arrive at the venue by seven thirty.