Author's Note

I imagine I'm not the only one who takes inspiration from music.

Most writers do to some degree or another, I think. And while it is certainly a cliche to take a song's title and make it the title for a fictional work, I couldn't resist here because the song inspired so much of the story itself that I couldn't do it justice without giving them the same title. The song in question is Rather Be by Clean Bandit, featuring Jess Glynne. At the place where I work, the song plays over the intercom all the time, and it eventually got stuck in my head. Long story short, now it's on my music player and eventually evolved into a story.

I decided the story would be a continuation of My Last Day, primarily because I enjoyed those characters and wanted to revisit them. Hopefully, you'll find this little sequel to be enjoyable as well.

Also, a heads up: This short story will contain pretty blatant implications of sexual behavior. It isn't marked mature because I didn't (and won't) write out a detailed sex scene (because I believe they take the focus off of the story and put it on the steamy action, which I don't want). But the implication is there, so don't read if that kind of implication bothers you. Otherwise, enjoy!

Thanks again for all of your support!

— J.K.