'1'

This fanfic will start right after Adrien asks Marinette for an autograph in "Guitar Villain" Any events that happen after that episode never happened in this fic.
Miraculous Ladybug and all of its characters belong to Zag. I only made this fanfic.

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

Alya rubbed Marinette's back soothingly as the flustered bluenette took deep, ragged breaths. Her bluebell eyes widened as it all sunk in. Adrien Agreste, the absolute cutest, most gentlemanly, most UNBELIEVEABLE human on Earth asked little old her for an autograph on a Jagged Stone album. 

She jumped high into the air before floating back down like a feather, saying dreamily, "He asked for my autograph..." She cupped her hands over her cheeks before taking Alya's hands. "He asked for MY autograph!" Her heart pounded with excitement. It was a feeling similar to the way she felt when she was Ladybug.

"He must have hit his head or something," A snobby voice cut into Marinette's thoughts. She turned her head to see the one and only Chloe Bourgerois with her "friend" Sabrina Raincomprix behind her. "Why would he ask YOU for an autograph?" The mayor's daughter scoffed and crossed her arms, Sabrina following suit. "He should be asking me for one."

Marinette sighed at Chloe's insult. Would the blonde brat ever let up? She then felt a comforting arm around her shoulders.

"He asked her for an autograph because she has talent that he appreciated," Alya snapped. "Is it too hard to understand that the whole world doesn't revolve around you? Besides, what talents do you have for him to ask an autograph for?"

Sabrina then stood in front of Chloe. Both girls began to defend their best friend, their faces red and hot with anger.

"Chloe is really pretty for one! Unlike Marinette. Look at her pigtails! How old is she, 6?"

Marinette tugged at her pigtails, suddenly feeling self-conscious about them. Did she really look that childish?

"What are you talking about? Mari is absolutely GORGEOUS!  Plus, she's pretty on the outside AND inside, unlike Little Miss Mayor's Daughter over there. She's brave, selfless, caring, talented, and a good friend!"

"Oh?" Sabrina challenged, "If she's really brave, she'll tell Adrien how she feels!"

Mari went red at the surprisingly valid point. She's fearless as Ladybug. Why can't she take some of that bravery with her when she's Marinette?

"Yeah," Chloe said, smirking, pushing Sabrina aside. "If you're really brave, tell him how you feel."

Marinette started to gape at her before flailing her arms around. "Wh-what? I don't like him! He-he's just a friend! That's all..."

Chloe and Sabrina snorted, laughing at the blushing girl. "Puh-LEASE. It's obvious by the disgusting way you look at him. Like a lost puppy!" Chloe then thoughtfully put a finger to her chin. "Actually..." She took a second before nodding, looking pleased with herself. "Tell him how you feel or I'll tell him myself!"

"NONONONONO!" Marinette cried out, pushing her hands together to plead. "Don't! Please!"

"Oh yes," Chloe smirked, enjoying the begging Marinette. "You have a week."  

Then she turned, her ponytail smacking Sabrina in the face, strutting off with satisfaction in her step.

Marinette wanted to melt right then and right there, fear pouring through her veins. "Did that just happen?" she asked quietly.

Alya bit the insides of her cheeks, looking around to avoid looking Marinette in the eyes. "Maybe...yes?"

"UghhhhHHHH."

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

"Tikki, what do I do?!"

Marinette flopped onto her pink bed that night, confusion pulsing through her. She had to confess to Adrien?! It sounded easier then it seemed.

The spotted kwami flew over to her chosen one, patting her on the head. "It'll be ok, Marinette." 

"No it's not!" Marinette grabbed her pigtails, pulling the ties out of them, making her midnight blue hair fall to her shoulders, tickling the exposed back of her neck. "He's just this amazing guy who doesn't deserve a girl like me..."

Tikki glanced down, deep in thought, and then it struck her. "Well, just wait a week! Chloe will tell him in a week, and you'll see how he feels! If he doesn't return the feelings, you can just tell him she was lying!"

Marinette began to nod, thinking the idea actually might work, before deflating with a negative thought. "But if he believes her, he'll think I'm just another crazy fan."

As the kwami held her head in her tiny hands with defeat, a small knock cleared the silence from her balcony.

"WAHHH!" Marinette fell off her bed from surprise, then darted up to stand. "Hide, Tikki!"

The red and black kwami flew behind a stack of papers when Mari opened the balcony doors, the cool, Parisian breeze giving her skin goosebumps.