Walk up in the school like, "Waddup? I'm socially awkward"

My name is Jade. Of course me and the only two people I know at this school end up in separate groups. Damn alphabetical order. As the teacher in the front of the room is explaining how to read the schedule, I'm zoning out staring at a cow in the field. That's right. I'm at a farm school. Oh wait, excuse me, "agricultural school." My best friend Ruby is carefully examining her schedule to figure out where the hell we are supposed to go. Unfortunately, we get separated into different groups. This is where I get introduced to the people I'll be stuck with all year. 

I keep my head down and answer all the dumb get to know you questions that the sophomores ask us. Everyone seems to have at least one friend except for me. I look at everyone but one girl stands out. Her name is Cynthia. I notice she's wearing a Supernatural shirt. She has blonde hair, brown eyes, and big glasses.  I want to compliment her shirt but I get nervous and walk passed her. Why am I like this? The sophomores begin walking us around the school to see all of the different vocations and classrooms. Our animal science classes and the cafeteria are across the street from the main building. This place is huge. I wonder how Ruby's doing. 

After a lot of walking and me not paying attention to what the sophomores were saying I finally got the guts to compliment Cynthia's shirt.

"I love your shirt. I'm a huge Supernatural fan." She seems happy that I approached. 

"Thank you. I'm only one season seven." She has a nice smile. I like her.

"You guys watch Supernatural too? I love that show." Another girl in our group heard us. I think  her name is Rylee. The three of us end up talking for a while until it was time for lunch. We agreed to find Ruby and sit together. The lunch ladies give us our pizza and we sit at the end of an empty table in the middle of the cafeteria. Of course I look like a total weirdo trying to eat the pizza since I got my braces tightened the day before and it hurts like hell. None of them mention it but I can tell they're weirded out. Good job Jade. 

After lunch was over we got to meet back up with our parents who got all the paperwork they needed and got to meet the staff. I see my mom in the auditorium and we walk out together towards the car. On the way there I see Cynthia and wave a quick  goodbye before heading home. Despite how nerve-wracking it is being surrounded by a bunch of strangers, this is one awesome school. Orientation done, 365 days to go.