Monologue to Luke Hemmings

hey guys so this is a story/imagine thing I wrote for my best friend Amalia cause she loves Luke to bits!! anyway hope you all like it too!!

“Hey there baby” you say with a small smile on your face. “How are you? I don’t know why I asked that… you are probably amazing… just like always… I couldn’t help but remember the day you asked me out. I remember how nervous you were, fidgeting. I know how it’s your thing now. So many things I have noticed about you, and I love every single thing about you. I love your keeks, the way you help people in your fandom, and I love the passion you have for singing and being in this band. You are the most amazing person I could have ever met. And I know that this little one is going to love their daddy…” you trail off stroking your heavily pregnant belly. “I’ve got you’re beautiful stuck in my head. You sung that to me on our wedding day, I remember that. Ash was right about you. He said ‘you two have struck gold to find each other’ and he was the most right I could ever have thought anyone in the world could be. Some call it fate, others call it destiny, some even call it luck… but I call it soul mate. You are my soul mate Luke. And I will love you forever. You were the first person I ever truly loved. I let my walls come down for you… I gave you the key to my heart… you are the colour to my world… the instruments to my music… the air to fill my lungs… you are my everything. Mum and dad love you to bits, you know that? They say you will make the most amazing father… I haven’t even been able to tell them yet… I miss you… I miss your smell… your hair… your eyes… the way they shone when you got teary when you proposed to me on the beach… I miss your smile… the way your dimples make marks around your mouth… I wish you could be here to hold our baby in a few weeks. I wish that you could be there to see his first few steps… oh… you never got to find out because you wanted it to be a surprise but you should know now…” you say smiling weakly, with tears falling freely down your face “it’s going to be a boy… a beautiful baby boy. I wish you could be there to help him through his teenage years. I guess Ash, Cal and Mike can help me out with that, but you were always the one with sense… you always knew what to do… I wish you could be there to see him go to school… to see him bring home his first girlfriend… to see him at formal… I know that Harry and Louis and all those other boys can help me out too. To help give him advice. They have helped me so much over the past few weeks… they have been there to help dry my tears and to help me through the struggles of being pregnant. I miss you… you know that? You are perfect in every way…” you sigh, lifting a cold hand up to wipe away tears. You slowly start to get up from sitting on the beach where Luke proposed to you. You looked out to the ocean and back at the candles flickering on the sand. You looked around at Luke’s band mates and the One Direction boys plus their partners. You smiled to yourself as you realised you were with those who he loved and loved him back. You saw Grace crying into Ash’s chest, looking to Ash’s face with tears falling freely. Luke and Ash were the best of friends, almost like brothers. Slowly, everyone came and stood next to you.

“Goodbye mate. You will be sorely missed” Michael stated gruffly with red puffy eyes.

“Yeah man. Cancer is a dick.” Cal said looking up to the sky. “You had great hair.” He finished.

“Not as good as mine though” Michael said smiling. The wind picked up and blew heavily in Michael and Calum’s direction.

“Yeah I guess we deserved that…” Michael said. You smiled at the boys, breathing in the air. Grace was standing next to you, and took your hand. She squeezed it and you looked up at her. She smiled through her tears and mouthed “he’s here.” You smiled in response and said “I love you Luke. I always will. We all do…” and you all stood in a circle, embracing each other, playing old YouTube songs Luke sung before his ticket to fame. You were going to miss your beautiful and amazing husband, but you knew that he was going to be there with you every step of the way.