1. Sweetheart

OKAY SO I WAS GOING TO WAIT TILL TOMORROW, BUT I HAVE A GRAD PARTY AND WON'T HAVE TIME SO HERE YOU GO BABES

--

Shelly and I quickly stepped inside, eager to get out of the winter cold outside, followed by our two guy friends Aaron and Josh. The party we entered was already in it's prime, lights low and the ground practically shaking with the bass of the deafening music. Aaron and Josh immediately disappeared into it, obviously forgetting their feigned promise to 'protect us'. Everywhere I looked, it was the same thing; girls in unbelievably short dresses with guys crowding them, eyes hungry with desire.

And I'd skipped my Friday night calculus class for this? Nice choice, Tasman. Well done for letting your best friend convince you that this was a good idea because let's be real: it wasn't.

Shelly took one look at me and her already-round eyes grew rounder, falling open. 

"Don't look so horrified," she muttered, before turning more forceful. "You are going to have fun here, Tam, even if it kills me. For once in your life, just live a little, okay? This will be a fun night, you look amazing," I glanced down at my outfit, an emerald green cocktail dress with black heels. Shelly had coated my face with makeup, too. Despite feeling insanely fake, I did look nice. "Just let loose."

I loved my best friend but couldn't help taking objection to her judgments of my lifestyle. There was nothing wrong with being a bookworm, at all. 

"Yeah, 'cause my idea of living," I air-quoted her words. "includes being swarmed by guys whose dicks make up half of their personality."

"Ooh," Shelly frowned, puckering her lips. "That one burned, Tam. With sass like that, you'll have the dicks running away from you in no time."

I rolled my eyes at her, which she returned with a slightly manic, giddy grin before dragging me over to a shots competition.

***

Some time into the party and it looked like this would be Shelly's final night on Earth; I was not having fun. Shots were overrated, dancing wasn't fun and parties sucked. Maybe this was only the stubbornness in me speaking but I didn't care. This sucked.

I stood on the dance floor, aimlessly. On any other occasion, I would have tried to pretend to dance, but I'd lost all empathy for the party-goers. They were too busy to notice me, anyway, so it didn't matter. I almost jumped out of my skin when I felt a smooth pair of arms work their way around my waist, encapsulating me. I felt my heart rise to my chest.

"Hey sweetheart," a gravelly voice cooed into my ear. I could already feel a pair of lips brushing my ear as they did so, and they sent irresistible shivers down my spine; the person felt them and they chuckled. "Not into dancing, I see? That's totally alright with me." he pulled a little tighter on my waist, crushing our bodies together.

Here's when my stubborn, sassy side decided to pipe up; I didn't want to be another one of those party girls in the short dresses. I had a mind, and a strong one at that, and I was more than the piece of meat this guy thought I was. I spun in his grip to face him, ready to give him a piece of my mind.

All my resolve melted into a pathetic little puddle as I found my face just centimeters from his perfect one. Intense, light eyes looked at me out of a flawless face, a sweep of wavy dark brown hair falling across his forehead as our noses nearly brushed. I almost lost my footing in the pair of ridiculous heels because of his minty, warm breath hitting my lips.

He smirked, noticing my reaction immediately. "Feeling a little faint, sweetheart?" I could only gulp down the rising lump in my throat and stare back at him helplessly, and that was when he swiftly pushed his hot lips onto mine that I felt myself die and go to heaven. His lips were everything a girl could ever want; strong enough to lead the kiss, but gentle; rough enough to be masculine, but still soft; and hungry for my own. My melted puddle of stubbornness evaporated into thin air and I threw myself into the kiss, clinging onto him.

Leo Jackson. It was only then that the fact of who this guy was hit me like a bus. On the basketball team, football team and swimming team, mind-blowing GPA...

...a womanizer extraordinaire. At that thought, I wanted to push him away, but I'd already gone too far; his lips had stolen my mind. So I couldn't do anything but submit when I felt him tugging, pulling me into one of the back rooms, our lips never losing contact as he did. 

--

I knoooow it's short (well, to me at least) but I wanted to put something out there & I've been holding out on this story for a while. I hope you all like it! Feedback is welcome!! I'll try to update every Friday/Saturday if I can. I start college on the 22nd of August, so the updates may be spread out.