Chapter One: They Meet

I can do this. Dan thought to himself, standing out the door of the tattoo shop. A bouquet of beautiful, fresh roses were in his hands. It's easy. All I got to do is say welcome, hand him the flowers, ask for his number, get rejected, walk out in sadness, and never talk to him again. Okay, the last parts aren't good. Aim for success Dan. With a deep breath, the boy walked into the tattoo shop. "Hi, I noticed-" He stopped talking when he saw the man he was looking for. The man turned around, giving him a charming smile. "Oh, hey." Dan's mouth fell open slightly. Sure, he'd sneaked peeks at him from the shop window, but damn, up close was even better. He fell into word constipation. "A-ah, umm, hi. I'm Dan. I-It's nice to meet.. You? Ummm-" The male tilted his head in confusion, chuckling awkwardly. "I'm Phil. Nice name." God, his name was so cool. It fit him. Phil looked down at the flowers Dan was holding. "Are those for-" "Yes! They're for you!" Dan interrupted, holding out the flowers to Phil. "They're from my shop.." Phil grinned, taking the flowers. "They're beautiful, like you." Dan's face flushed bright red. Phil noticed this and quickly apologized. "I'm so sorry! It just slipped out!" Dan looked down, trying to hide his blush. "I-It's alright.. You look really nice too.." He said quietly, shuffling his feet. "So.. Umm.. Can I get your number?" Dan asked, glancing up shyly. "Of course! I mean- Yeah, sure." They exchanged phone numbers and Dan said he'd call him later. Then, Dan left the shop.