New Life

The air around is still warm. The star in the sky is shinning brightly giving the people around the coastal city a beautiful sun kissed tan, a certain glow that only the months of June and July can provide. The sounds never stop here, everyone is always in constant movement. Some work, others play, and others are just letting the slight summer breeze caress their skin like a new lover with a passion of a wild fire. Although many welcome this lazy haze that the heat brings others are only thinking of the chilly winter that is to come. July is coming to an end the summer is almost over and the winter is slowly approaching with a new life in hand. College.
  "What will that bring for me? What will I do with my life?"
These questions are repeatedly circulating around Miles' head.
  "Eighteen. Is that really old enough to know what you want to do with your life?"
As the sun began to evaporate in the ocean giving way to the birth of the moon and her stars we see Miles. Barely eighteen with nothing but worries for this new life. High school was not that great but she managed to get by, the only question in her head now is "will I be alone here too?"
The thing about being young is, is that sometimes finding real friends can be difficult. Even when you are positive that you have finally found you'r niche, even when you give people all you have to give they could end up hurting you the most. Love for anyone is dangerous wether it be a friendly love or a romantic one, you are just giving these people the ammunition to hurt you and just hoping they are the people you think they are.
  She begins to stand. Not to tall, not to tan, hair not to long, brown eyes, and some slight freckles offer her otherwise average appearance some liveliness. She slowly expands her lungs allowing the scent of the sea intoxicate her senses, exhale. As she leaves all her worries with the sea she slowly makes her way to her cherry red car. The excitement in her smile overshadowing the pain in her eyes.
"Let's see how this goes" she says as she gives the ocean one last glance through her window. Although she is afraid of what is to come she is also brave enough to stand through the storm.

 Although she is afraid of what is to come she is also brave enough to stand through the storm