Part 1: New kid, new trouble

I fixed my hair as my feet slowly dragged me out the church and down the side walk. As the vicar being my dad, i was always being dragged to church. And, of course, being rule drowned. He thinks everything in the bible has to be listened to. People break the rules ya know, father! Eh, sorry for venting.
I'm home schooled as well, which doesn't make my life any easier in making friends. Although, I've still got Anna.

"Hia Alex!"

Speak of the devil.
A brown haired girl on roller skates made her way to me, slowly gliding besides me as I walked.

"Hey Anna! Woah, where did you get those?"

"My mum bought 'em" she replied, pushing herself with one foot and slowly gliding foward, then stopping and waiting till I caught up. She's cool, and, also my only friend. My dad doesn't approve of her though.

"Ya know, you need other friends. I-I'm not saying I won't be your friend, of course I will! But just you need some variety, man," I snorted.

"Do you know how hard it is for a home schooled church boy like me to make friends? And besides, I'd rather have one true friend than hurt myself getting fake ones..."

She smiled at me. a sweet smile I haven't seen a while. "Aw, Thanks!"
We walked for a bit in silence, not an awkward since, just a small comfortable silence. Well, until she broke it.

"What about them over there?" She turned my gaze towards a small group of boys.
They were too distracted in their own chit-chat, except one, who's gaze turned to me and his eyes met mine for a brief second before I turned back to Anna.

"Nah, they seem to hard core.."
My eyes wondered back to them. Still dark haired boy staring at me. Wait, he was smirking now!?
"A-Anna, why is he smirking at me?" I nervously stuttered.

"I dunno, maybe he's into you?"
I froze. Hell no was this going down!

"My place, n-now!" I shoved her and she moved quickly on her skates with me sprinting behind.

"What are you looking at Josh?"

"Heh. No one. But I plan on knowing."