Her last words

"Lilac, are you ready to come and speak your last words for Caliegh?" The preacher asked me, I made my way up to the podium.
"As you all know Caleigh was my best friend and soulmate. She wrote her last words to me as a suicide note. And I thought you would like to hear it." I take a deep breath, I can feel her suicide hit me extremely hard.
"Dear Lilac,
Please don't be mad at me. It was my choice and you know that I love you with all of me. You were the last thing keeping me here but with all the pressure from work and not seeing you very often, I thought it was the best answer. The only answer.
I know you think that I stopped cutting, which I did do, but I traded it out for starving myself a long time ago.
You noticed, I saw it in your eyes, you wanted to help, I know you did.
But you couldn't and oh my god please don't cry.
I didn't mean to hurt you, I can feel it. Shh, it will be okay."
I take another deep breath, tears rushing down my face."Will you please set me off into the creak by my house that leads into the lake? It's the only thing I'm asking for.
I love you.
Love,
Caleigh."
I take my seat in the front, right next to her mother."It's not your fault, dear." She comforts me, her eyes bloodshot and puffy.
The preacher went up to the podium again, his own eyes teary."Now we will give her her wish." He spoke,his voice loud in the quiet room.
We all stood, I noticed her boss standing in the back with tears in her eyes. When we began to walk to the creak so we could set Caleigh free, I walked over to her.
"Hey are you okay?" I ask her softly, keeping my voice steady.
"Yes, I am, but work stressed her out and made her take her life. I was her boss, I'm suppose to make sure that she is okay with the amount of work I give her. And she always said yes that it is fine." She croaked, her voice was sad and you could tell she was crying. Just looking at her made my heartbreak.
"Hey it's not our fault. It's not her fault. It's not anyone's fault, it's the stress's fault." I tell her sweetly.
We hugged and we all began to walk to the creak for real this time.
We decided to take a Greek tradition for her set off. A shroud on her.
It was quite lovely, must I say.
My eyes traced over the intricate beautiful floral patterns. But it would have been more beautiful if it weren't on my best friend's dead body.
The preacher gave her the flowers that I had brought to her when I found her not breathing.
Lilacs were her favorite. I don't know why though.
We laid her on a raft that would stay afloat til she got to the lake. Might take two days.
Her body will sink and she will have her wish granted.
A wish that breaks our hearts. The one that is in cold blood to us all.
We all bid her farewell one again. I gave her a kiss on her lifeless, pale skin.
I began to cry as the preacher pushed her into the water. He was saying a prayer as he did so.
My poor best friend will be in cold water for her whole life.