Pinky Promised

“I think I love you,” Jeremy said, as he dug in the dirt. Some of the dirt was on his tan cheeks, and I laughed at how dirty he was. I stopped digging and arched a questioning eyebrow.

“What’s love?”

He stopped digging and wiped his hand on his forehead leaving a streak of black. His big blue eyes glistened with the sun, like the ocean, and he sighed while wrinkling his forehead.

“I dunno. My mommy and daddy said it,” he told me.

“Then how do you know you love me then?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

“I just have a feel here,” he pointed to his left chest area.

“Right here?” I asked, putting a hand on my heart.

“Yeah!” he cheered, I blushed and he gazed at me. “What, Jeremy?” I asked, Jeremy sounding like Germy.

“When my daddy said to my mommy, my mommy said it back,” he said.

“Ohhh,” I said as realization enlightened my mind. “I love you too, Jeremy.”

He smiled, all his teeth still in his mouth, shining like the stars. But as I was basking in his smile’s light, it was replaced with a deep frown.

“Mommy told me that her and daddy almost nevered got married.” He said, lying in the sand. I lay next to him, and stared at the puffy clouds.

“Why?” I asked, and his hand found my wrist.

“Because, she said she almost founded someone different,” his hands hardened.

“Ow!” I squealed.

“Sorry.” He muttered, a dark cloud settling over our mood. “Promise me something?” he asked, promised sounding pah-miss.

“What?” I asked, and he rolled over to look at me and I copied his movement, resting my head on my arm.

“Promise me that you will be with me,” he told me, with a twinkle in his eye.

“I promise,” I told him with a smile.

“Repeat these words,” he told me, and handed me a card. At the top said Nick and Mary’s vows. I nodded, and unfolded it.

“I, Nick—”

“No, use your name,” he said softly, sitting up on and sitting on his knees, I mimicked his movement.

“Okay, I, Jayden, take you, Jeremy, to be my hus—husband, through good times and bad,” I looked up from the paper, “through sickness and health,” he bumped my knee. “I promise to always love you, and honor you in all our days.” I finished with a smile and met his deep blue eyes.

“And I, Jeremy, take you, Jayden,” he poked me in the arm, “to be my husband, in good times and bad,” he opened his arms, gesturing to the world, “through sickness and health,” he leaned closer to me. “I promise to always love you and only you. I will honor you, forever.” Everything seemed to go quiet and a smile spread across his face.

“That was sweet,” I said, feeling a tingle feeling all over my body.

“Now, pinky promise me.”

“What?” I asked, sincerely confused.

He grabbed my pinky with his pink one, and closed his eyes. “I Jeremy Griffin promise that no matter what happens that I will always be waiting for you.”

I closed my eyes and recited what he said, and peeked one open to look at him. He looked at me affectionately, and I smiled. “You know this means forever, right?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“No going back now,” he told me firmly.

“I don’t wanna.” I admitted.

~'~'~'~

This is the beginning of a NEW book. Ha-ha, good luck to me!!! And good luck to you all if you are gunna try and keep up. Suggestions are really appreciated by me, and so are criticizers and also fans…and likes and comments!!! Oh yes, I do love me them comments.