Moving On (A One Shot)

Moving On

by Mahogany4

They said you know when you’ve already moved on when your heart is ready to be hurt again. While you keep the pain of the past…until you let go of the fear to fall…You are still holding on.

One of the hardest thing to do is wake up early in the morning.  On ordinary days, it’s like torture to pull yourself up. But nothing will get done by just lying on bed. It’s even harder when you are dreading the events of the day. And it’s not just the ordinary scare of facing the bulk of work for the day…Today’s event is scarier than that.

Sulli dragged herself up and prepared herself for the event. She looked at her bag to see if she has enough cash with her for the day and saw the invitation for the wedding.

It’s her best friend’s wedding. But that’s not the scary part…Sulli is more than happy that her closest friend is finally settling down. Her best friend will be a perfect bride…The scary part is…The groom.

It’s been 3 years since Sulli has seen the guy. And it would  have been nice if she doesn’t see him again. But here she is going to their wedding. She can’t be absent. Her best friend is too precious to ignore.

Sulli took an old shoe. She did not bother to buy a new one. She’s busy at work…and also…she wanted to wear the shoe one last time…It was a shoe given to her by the groom back in high school…So just for this wedding…she’ll wear it…and then she’s going to throw it away…like the memories flooding her mind now….she’ll dispose of them.

Sulli took a cab going to the church. She doesn’t know whether she’ll wish for time to stop so that she can calm herself first. Or should she wish for time to speed up so that the wedding is already over.

Sulli arrived at the church and saw the people waiting outside. There are a lot of them.  Sulli did not expect this number of people.  The wedding hasn’t started yet.

Anxiety covered Sulli’s mind. She decided to walk around the church while waiting. It’s not a big church…but it’s peaceful outside the hustle and bustle of the city.

Sulli heard someone whistling. She continued walking by the church garden.

And then she stopped. There’s a man standing at the back of the church leaning on the wall and looking up while whistling a tune. This tall…Elegant looking man is new to Sulli’s eyes. Ahh….maybe he’s the visitor from the groom’s side.

Sulli walked on.

“I wish I can escape.” Said the man

Suli turned to look at him.

“Huh? Oh..sorry…I thought you were talking to me.” Said Sulli.  Sulli turned to leave.

“I am.” Said the man

Huh?

“I am talking to you.” Said the man. The man looked around telling Sulli that there’s no one else there.  “Oh, do you think I was talking to myself?” said the guy a smirk on his lips.

Sulli shook her head. “I’m sorry. I just thought…”

“Do you do that? Talk to yourself?” asked the man

“Not often…except today….I guess.” Said Sulli

“Me too…I usually don’t talk to strangers…except today.” Said the man.