「33rd period」: SMS time

I R O H A I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

It's pretty simple to manipulate people. To make them feel happy, uneasy, sympathetic, panicked. It's really was an easy enough method.

They were just two simple things: (1) taking note of others' behaviors, and (2) faking a face with ease.

If you knew how to lie, things would be easier from here on.

That was how I lived my life. That was how I've been surviving for so long.

The fact that keeping faces were important was something parents taught me at such a young age.

When I was a kid, I've learned the importance of a first impression, the importance of expectations and facades, and just how manipulative grownups were. At such a young age, I learned how the world spun around, being used and making use; it's such a dark dark world.

Ever since then, I applied them in my everyday life. Even in school , I had to aim for the top. Be the best. Get the highest. It was normal. Normal enough for me to shut people down, for me to study 'till I dropped and for me to earn a friend just for the sake of rivalry.

But now, I can't help but be so so so fucking tired.

I guess there were always a limit to facades. A limit for keeping the act for so long.

Hell, even Okuda found me suspicious.

My eyes fluttered open, being greeted by that excruciating headache. It was all so familiar. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I mentally cursed. I slowly got used to my surroundings, checking to see if anybody was there.

"Iroha-chan?" Okuda called me, once I woke up.

"Ah, Manami" I greeted her. "What happened after I collapsed".

"Well, Karma-kun carried you to the infirmary and I stayed behind to watch over you, but other than that, I think the day passed normally" she told me.

I nodded, "I see, did anything odd happen?".

"Hm?".

"No... It's nothing" I assured her before averting back to my usual self.

✖︎●✖︎

It was scary, honestly, the fact that if I made one wrong move, they'd all hate me in a second.

I rummage under my pillows once I arrived home that day.

My phone, where's the damn thing?, I thought as I finally felt it fit right into my hand.

Normally, people would only have one. And normally, all your contacts were put together. But I wasn't normal.

 But I wasn't normal