Bunoles

• Dedicated to Shego

The kidnapper caressed the smoothness of her face, half in shadow. Her mouth was gagged by the tie of her attacker, whose face she could not make out in the darkness. Soft, light fingers trailed off of her face to her ear. She then heard the voice; "We wish not to harm you, miss Grant. We wish that you only tell us that which we want to hear."

It was the voice of many men and women speaking as one. She noticed, however, that the voices were not just heard, but felt, like little vibrations in the back of her mind.

The attacker, or attackers, then trailed their fingers across her forehead, and let their fingertips fall onto her eyelids. "Tell us who did this. Tell us who did this to our faces, our home, our BODIES!"

It was as if a sheer blindfold had been taken away from her eyes. Slowly, the face of her attacker came into light. What she saw first confused her, then lulled her into a state of shock. She found that the face of her attacker was a bloody mangled heap of flesh, a mound of rotting meat where their nose should have been. It was at this time that she discovered that there were not many of them, but only one. If this was the case, then where were the other voices she had heard? Still unable to tell if they were male or female, she attempted to answer but found she could not speak. She stared into where the eyes of her captor would be in the mangled mess of a face.

"Speak," the voices commanded as they dragged their fingers down her lips.

She burst out, "I know nothing about this which you speak of! And this is a fact! What will you do now? Kill me?" She laughed, "Ha! This would satisfy me beyond comprehension. What purpose have I here? I am barely noticed in society, and I know not why you would choose me to have held hostage."

"You, because you are barely noticed. You live quietly. You know what everyone else does when they are alone, and you KNOW who did this to us! We wish not to hear you complain about your meager life. Now tell us. Tell us now who betrayed us and defiled our vessels!"

"I know NOTHING!" she began to quietly sob.

"Do not raise your voice. We don't like that here." The figure then approached Rosie Grant and caressed her soft lips once more.

She found she could no longer speak.

"We do not tolerate defiance...," The malformed figure approached Rosie, and she internally screamed, as she could not vocalize her fears, "And we need to know who did this so that we can give proper punishment to those responsible."

They walked around her in circles, like sharks circle around reefs filled with tiny guppies, there purely for their benefit. Rosie felt a pinching sensation at the back of her head, which was, at first, nearly unnoticeable. For a second, she had forgotten that she was being circled like prey, but when this detail came back to the front of her mind, she looked around as far as her neck would allow her, but she found no sign of them. After a while, she had forgotten about them completely. She thought about whatever crossed her mind until she realized she was waiting for a touch. Some sign of them. There was nothing. So she sat and waited, seemingly for hours. Or seconds. The pinching sensation began to spread in such a way that if felt as if there was a horizontal line of pinching across the back of her head. She heard the voices from all around her, as if she were in a cave. At the same time, she heard nothing.

"If you will not tell us, we will know what you know in a way that may not be too pleasant for you."

The pinching spread so that she felt it over her ears before she realized what it was. She struggled to get herself out of her chair before it was too late. The pinching was becoming sharper, and less dull. The line started to spread across the edges of her forehead. She struggled harder. What started as a gentle tugging sensation soon became a ray of heat circumventing around her skull.

-------------THIS WILL BE CONTINUED----------------