A Short, Short Story

Oh my, oh my, oh my. Where have I placed my glasses? I must have put them somewhere in this old rambling house. Maybe upstairs in the creaky attic. Maybe downstairs with the maids. Maybe in the shed with the gardening tools. It is driving me mad. I must consult with myself. After all, I cannot have lost them. That would mean I would have to go down in my little carriage to the optometrist. Besides, I still have to pay the tailor for mending my waistcoat. And I simply cannot pay him without my glasses. Why, you ask. Simply because I would need to read the receipt and pay him the right money and receive the right change. Oh I must find these glasses.

I looked in the shed. They were not there, only some nasty old gardening tools and some muddy boots. I looked int the parlour with the maids, only to find some delicious looking pastries for breakfast tommorrow. I looked in my little carriage only to find my old handkerchief and some lint. I must remind the maids to give my little carriage a good dusting. I looked in the stables, where my faithful steed Charles stood chewing on hay. I must remind the stableman to clean his stall, as it was getting filthy. Filthy, indeed. My oh my, these glasses must be running away from me. I looked up on the wainscoting where the robins sat. Oh where are these glasses! I scratched my head. Then, it came to me. I knew where my glasses were. Why didn't I think of it before! They were sitting atop my head, perched like the robins on the wainscoting. Oh my oh my, I must be mad. Well, at least now I can pay the tailor, remind my maids to clean the carriage and take a ride atop my faithful steed Charles. Oh my, oh my how silly I must be.