Alternate Ending:Part One

A/N: I don't intend any copyright. This is an alternative ending to After series (: I love Hessa ❤

...

Tessa's POV

What should I cook for Christmas? I'm freezing cold from the winter, it's 2 days before Christmas Eve. It sucks that my mom and her boyfriend are going to spend their Christmas in Brazil while I turned down Liam's invitation to spend the holiday at their home. I've wanted to but I don't want to intrude their family and feel awkward knowing Harry will also be there. It's not like I've got a problem seeing him but I just don't want to feel awkward while staying in his family's house even if it's also Liam's. It's been 3 years since I last saw Harry. The last time was painful and full of tears, I really thought we could get that through after all we'd been, I was startled when we both decided to finally put a closure in our relationship. There were no chasing, dropping on our knees or pleading that happened. I thought I could let that passed, I thought I could forgive him one more time after finding out the manuscript but I was surprised that my mind and my heart said no. It was then that I decided to finally called it off with Harry. Well, Harry accepted my decision, he just nodded and told me he understood. He wasn't the same Harry anymore and I'm proud and happy for his change. He's grown to be a man now.

I wonder what will I feel when I get to see Harry? Joy and acceptance, my subconscious says. I have moved on, I know it to myself.

For three years, I've rarely thought of him. I wouldn't say I didn't have a hard time after our break up, I locked myself out for three days thinking if my decision was right and when I decided that maybe it's for the best for us, I moved on with life. There was still pain everytime I thought of us until I've always thought about it and the pain was turned to ache to acceptance to ease.

After knowing Harry will never be around, I've learned to stand for myself and enjoy life without depending to anyone. I've finally got my own apartment too after working hard. Liam told me he didn't want the idea but it's just what I needed, I wanted to be independent and learned not to rely too much on people especially him. He's helped me a lot and I'm grateful he's my bestfriend.

I decide to go to Supermarket so I could get some ingredients for Christmas. I'll go with a simple dinner by myself and have some nice and warm wine, I smile. Just when I'm pushing my cart turning to the wine section, I spot a familiar tall black haired man, the person I thought I would never see again is standing across at me. It's Zayn who's wearing a black leather coat with his beanie on his head. He doesn't notice me since I'm on his back, he's busy looking for some wine I guess. I blink few times to see if I'm just hallucinating myself but he's real. Zayn is in New York. Before I realize I'm already speaking.

"Zayn?"

His head turns and he's as surprised as me.

"Tessa?" and then after it finally sinks in that it's me "Tessa!hey, what are you doing here?" He smiles.

"Same question to you, What are you doing here? I live here now." I smile back.

He looks like he hasn't shaved for about a week or maybe he likes retaining his stubble now but it looks good to him. He doesn't have his lip ring on.

"You live here?I didn't know. I just moved here a week ago." He says and now smiling wider.

"Really?That's great! You look different now. I mean not that you didnt look good before but you quite changed, you look great!" I stutter for words and just laugh at my reaction.

"Yeah?Well, Thanks." He's brushing the back of his neck.

"You spending your Christmas here?" I ask.