Gone

Everything swirled, feet stepping slowly till they gave out weakly, the feeling shuddering through my veins. Everything was cold, the thin coat wrapped around unwelcomely, shielding absolutely nothing. He was gone, gone, gone, gone. Down the sidewalk, then around the bin and then gone. My blue numbed lips began to tremble as if to confirm the cold that had been loudly announced since he left into the swirling flurry of crystal white.

                The tears pronounced themselves additionally vivid as the cold nipped harshly where they slid down, a pathetic whine slipping from my throat as my knees finally gave way. Sobs wracking my body harshly as the concrete welcomed with buried enthusiasm, sending a sharp new wave of pain throughout my body flared through.

                A masked curse slipped from my lips, harsh and cold like the ground beneath. It took my mind adequately enough time to realize my body had curled tightly into a ball, breath alarmingly cold down my chest. Everything faded, giving way to the darkness, mind welcoming it with added openness unlike the unforgivingly freezing pavement.

                I was going to die, that remained a fact until only it wasn't.