Chapter 1

{1. PERSONALITIES}

•Emma's POV•

Fuck. My. Life.

Those are my first thoughts when I wake this morning, to my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I press snooze and hope for another ten minutes of sleep. I sadly don't give to live out my dream when I hear my mom walking down the hall. I jump out of my bed, and run to my bathroom to take a shower.

You're probably wondering a bit about what I look like by now. Well, I'm 5'2" with wavy brown hair, down to the middle of my back. I have dark eyes, that are a mix of green, blue, and brown, and I'm pretty tan. My friends say I have a nice, skinny body, but I don't really see it. I know I'm fit because I play soccer, but that's about it.

Soon enough, I'm walking out the door to my friend Kaylies house to drive to school.

Kaylie and I walk into school and meet up with our other friends, Andrew, and Kaiden.

Kaylie is 5'5 with medium length, straight brown hair and brown eyes. Kaiden is 5'3 with medium length, straight blonde hair and green eyes. Andrew is 6'2" with brown, quiffed hair and brown eyes.

We talk for a little while before heading off to our respective classes. Me and Kaiden to pre-calculus, while Andrew and Kaylie go to two different classes.

While me and Kaylie are walking down the hall, she points out a really attractive guy. He's leaning against a locker with his ankle crossed and his arms crossed as if he doesn't have a care in the world. Then he turns his face towards us and I realize who he is.... Julian.

Julian is your typical, run of the mill bad boy. "The Player", as some may also know him. Julian is the captain of the football team and rumor has it, he even has straight A's. I've taught myself to stay away from him, he's a bad influence. No matter how dramatic, or cliche that sounds.

It's then that I notice kaylie and I have stopped in the middle of the hallway to stare at Julian. The worst part, he's staring right back at us. 3 years I've stayed off his radar, 3 whole years, and now this happens. I can't believe this, of all things to happen. Maybe nothing will happen, yea I'm just overreacting. I always tend to do that.

Kaylie and I finally make it to our math class with Mrs. Wheeler, and take our seats at the back of the class. She takes the corner seat, and I take the seat next to her. I'm assuming you can guess what happens next, right? Julian walks in and sits down, right next to me. How wonderful! (Note the sarcasm).

"Hey" I hear someone whisper in me ear.

"Um hi?" I whisper back, trying not to let the teacher hear.

"You're Emma, right." He said as more of a statement than a question.

"Yea, why?" I ask.

"No reason" And he doesn't even look at me for the rest of the class period.

•Julian's POV•

I woke up this morning to my mom yelling at me from downstairs to wake up, and that I'm late. I look at my phone and realize that I really am late. I take a quick shower and get dressed and all that stuff.

Now I know I'm quite good looking, but that's only because I actually try. I'm 6'3", brown hair in sort of a quiff type thing, but not. It just works, alright. I have ice blue eyes, and I'm tan. Not to brag, but I have an eight-pack as well. *wink wink*.

Anyways, I get to school and walk over to my group of friends. Even though I'm pretty popular, I like to hang out with mainly one friend group. There's Adrian, Hanna, and Luke.

Adrian is 6'1" with brown, "flippy" hair and bright green eyes. Luke is 6'0" with blonde, also "flippy" hair and blue eyes. Hanna is 5'5 with long brown and green eyes.

They're all having a conversation about something, but I'm not interested, so I just stand against the lockers. That's when I see two girls walking down the hallway, looking at me. They all of the sudden stop walking, but keep staring at me, so I keep staring as well. The girl with brown hair finally looks away and starts walking again.

"Who are they?" I ask my friends, quickly, before they disappear.

"Oh, that's Emma and Kaylie" Hanna answers for me.

"Which ones which?"

"The shorter, younger one is Emma" she replies.

"Thanks"

"No problem, but why do you wanna know?"

"They look interesting"

"Okay....?"

"I'm going to class now" I say, after a few moments of thought.

I walk into my pre-calculus class and notice the two girls are in here, and the seat next to the Emma girl is open. Without even thinking, I go over and sit next to her.

"Hey" I whisper in her ear.

"Um, hi?" She whispers back, more like a question.

"You're Emma, right." I say, rather than ask

"Yea, why" she asks.

"No reason." And I try my hardest not to look at her for the rest of the period. For some reason, that girl interests me. And I haven't even gotten T to know her yet. She'll be seeing a lot more of me.

•AUTHORS NOTE•

SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT EVEN THOUGH I KNOW NO ONE READS AUTHORS NOTES, INCLUDING ME.

I know I am not the best at writing, therefore, if you want to edit my writing. Let me know, message me on here. Snapchat me @kamryn_miller16
DM on Instagram: @kvmrynmiller
Pretty much anything. I am open to anything to make this story better, other than completely rewriting it cause I spent my time writing it and I legit got a hand cramp from holding my phone and typing for too long. So if you want to edit this, LET ME KNOW. PLEASEEEEEE

xx kam xx