One

Evie's Pov:
Sweat drips off my body as my fists slam into the punching bag. Nothing felt more exliterating than taking your anger out on a leather bag as i let steam off. The family gym remained empty as i let a final blow knock over the bag, sending it across and splitting it open. Not again...

I stride over to my towel and place the dry cloth on my hair. My thoughts traveled to my mother and one of our famour blow ups involing my late fathers dog tages and my choice of going to college.

Shaking my head, I leave the gym and head for my room. Along the way i spot my twin half brothers Nick and Chris leave Trinity's bathroom, lookin rather suspicious. They snicker and sneak away as if i didnt see them. Pranksters. I walk in my room and was greeted with the smell of rustic books. Picking up my favorite book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone, i flop on the couch and begin readig the series for the hundredth time.

I was about half way done when Trinity barged in. She cleared her throat and tossed a bag on the chair. I looked up annoyed.

"What do you want Trinity?"

She smacked her gum twice before answering. " Mom said to get ready for the big company dinner. The guest will be arrivi soon and she wants you to dress up nice and behave."

She struts out of the room, almost as if a corncob was shoved up her ass and slammed the door. Guest huh? I guess i have to get ready now. I skip a step at a time up the stairs and walk to my closet. Hmmm... What to wear? OH! I know!

~~~~

I was putting on my earrings when footsteps walking up the stairs echo throughout the room. Casting my gaze aside, i spot Chris standing there in shock.

"Who are you and where is Evie?" He shakes his head in disbelief.

"I know but i'd rather make a good impression so the company can get this deal than ruin it all." I laugh.

He rolls his eyes and leads down to the main living room where everyone was waiting. Trinity was on her phone texting God knows who and Nick was chatting among the cooks. My mom seemed to have sensed us walk in and turned around. When her gaze met me she was either in shock or disbelief.

"You look amazing dear! For a second i thought i was gonna see you in your pajamas and blow this thing over." She chuckled.

I shrugged and laughed a bit.

"I did think about doing that for a moment but since this is for the company, i'd rather make a good impression that will help." I state.

Tears well up in her eyes for a moment but it was ruined when Denis, my step father, walks in and scans us over.

"Okay lets run this over shall we? Kathy you will-" He points to my mother.

"Welcome the Batemans into our sitting room." She smiles.

"- Trinity and Evie-" he turns to us.

"- will offer drinks and small snacks." I finish, already knowing where this is going.

"- lastly the boys-"

"- will offer to take their coats." They bore on.

" Good. Now Evie, when dinner is done you need to-" i cut him off.

" Go to my room and pretend i dont live here by making no noise." I look him in the eye and cross my arms. Nothing new i havent heard. Denis nods and not even a second later the doorbell rings. Show time!
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
So how did you guys like this part? I know ot was short but thas cause i took alot of stuff out from the rough draft i wrote on paper. I promise to have the next part up my thursday of next week.

This is what Evie wore 🔝