All's well that ends

The man was clearly drunk, I trained my mind to look away from him, be small don't get noticed. Drunken speech bubbled out of his mouth and he swore loudly as he collided into an old lady pushing her over. Her wooden walking stick slamming into the floor causing the sharp noise of the impact to bounce around in my head, causing by body to cringe involuntarily. The manager who stood on the sidelines rushed over to the old lady's aid. I grabbed my magazine and quickly dived for the checkout point where I proceeded to pay for my magazine before this crazed guy would notice me. I'd just hand over the money and get out of this amphitheatre.However, It turns out he had noticed me...

A cold hand gripped my shoulder and dragged me backwards. The man snatched my magazine out of my hand and threw it across the shop floor, the mangled pages opened onto a picture of my favourite band My Chemical Romance. The man reached for my other hand and tried to swipe the money from it. As I closed my hand into a fist around the money the man grew more angry and kicked over the sweet display, scattering the selection into a sea of colour and the plastic stand shattered like glass into a mixture of tiny diamonds and bigger dagger-like shards.

I could see the man clearly now, he had a gentle face, a face which contained no evil, yet his eyes were wild. The flames and the burnt-out darkness which must've been his soul was alight and fuelled by alcohol, I guess this is what people mean when they say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. A barbaric cry filled the shop as he raised a shard of the plastic from the stand and brought it down on my back. A piercing scream left my lips as the sharp plastic bit into the skin on my back. Suddenly, the woman behind the till screamed as well.

My reflexes told me to look to see what she was screaming at when I saw the man unleash a blood stained dagger from his back pocket and raise it above me. I scurried around on the floor hoping my feet would find the ground before he buried the dagger into me.

I'm not quite sure what happened next, I just remember faces, a searing pain and emptiness. I wish I could say I woke up in a hospital bed, but I didn't. In fact I'm not quite sure where I am.