Something About Losing

There's something about the thought of losing that scares me. It's something unpredictable. It's something that happens to everyone. No one is excused. We all lose something every single day. We could lose something without realizing it and when the realization hits us, sometimes we shrug it off and sometimes the thought of how ignorant we were lingers inside our heads.

"How could you lose something so precious?"

"How could you let something like this slip through your fingers?"

"Why'd you even let this happen?"

That's what I'd think; or maybe that's just me. I wouldn't hear the end of my own nagging. It must be because I never did like the idea of losing. Yes, I might gain something but let's be real that everyone takes time in realizing that gain. Everyone cries about their losses first.

The thought of losing all the things that are important to me is terrifying all on its own. I could lose my mind, my home, my family and friends, everything. I could lose you. Goodness, how it would destroy me if I were to lose you. I'd tell you right now that I would experience my lowest if I were to lose you. Just imagine losing the people that give light to your world; then what? Don't lie. What would you feel?

If you ask me, I'd feel lost; just plain lost and empty.

Yes, I'm still terrified of losing but let's try and look at the bright side. We should all know that everything happens for a reason. If there's a loss, there's a gain. You lose something, you eventually find something else. Yes, it'll be difficult to handle all the emotions at first, but you realize these things soon enough. Just think about it; maybe losing something is actually a gain. We never know.

We're not meant to lose something and then feel lost forever. We may never forget how it feels to lose something, but we get over it. Now isn't that something to look forward to?