Chapter one

I roll over and wake up to the sound of my phone ringing

I roll over and wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. It's Chelsea calling of course it is. "Hello" I say half awake and in a cranky mood. "Hey Georgie thank god you got home last night I was worried" remarks Chelsea. My best friend Chelsea has always been a worry wart since I met her in the eight grade. "Yeah I'm fine sorry I left the party early I wasn't feeling to well." Good thing she can't tell I'm lying my wide grin would really give it away. "So do you have any plans for today?" Asks Chelsea. I really don't want to hang out with her I have some other things I want to do today so I tell her I'm still not feeling to well and that I'll talk to her later.
Chelsea would judge me so harshly if I told her what I actually did last night. She doesn't get it she's had the same boyfriend since the end of seventh grade. His names Tyler and I really think he just drags her down they have been dating for almost three years. As I walk down the hall to my bathroom my phone buzzes when I see the screen my stomach can't help but churn. It's Josh his text reads "last night was fun" with a winky face on the end. I reply "damn right" and go to the sink to wash my face and brush my teeth. It's 11:03 am on a Sunday and I haven't even started my English lit paper that's due tomorrow.
After a bowl of cinnamon apple oats I head back up to my room to see my mom rummaging through my dresser drawers. "Can I help you find something mother" I ask. "Georgia did you take something from my jewelry box and not tell me?". I know what she's talking about, I took a nice gold ring from her jewelry box a few days ago and sold it at a pawn shop. I only got $678 for it. "No mom I have no idea what your talking about." I say this in a calm and cool demeanor almost like lying to her comes naturally. She buys it and tells me to let her know if a ring shows up around the house. Stupid bitch I think to myself. Maybe I would have more respect for her if she wasn't such a whore who cheated on my dad with her boss. I still haven't gotten over the fact that she has primary custody of me just thinking about it makes me angry.
I finally get around to writing my English paper and it only takes me about fifty minutes the assignment was much easier than I thought. After changing out of my pajamas and applying a fresh coat of makeup, I get a text from josh that says hope you are ready I'm picking you up. Of course I'm ready I'm always down for Josh. So is every other girl that's why he has a girlfriend. I don't care though it doesn't bother me. April clearly can't satisfy him in ways I can. She's never going to find out and neither will anyone else.