The Book of Life

(Jack lives in LA, near Mark. He's currently walking down the streets towards Mark's house.)

The cold night's air reaches my skin where my jacket can't hide my neck. I shiver a bit, luckily Mark's house is near. He invited me over to watch a movie, which he thought I would like. He said the movie's name is The Book of Life. I've heard of it, but it didn't really caught my attention.

I reach Mark's porch step and knock on the door. He opens the door up and greets me with a warm smile and a hug. I hug him back and put my head in the crook of his neck, I hope he doesn't notice it.

"Sooo... what type of film is this?" I ask him as I make my way into the living room. He already set up the movie, blankets and popcorn. "Ummm... it's an animated movie... and romantic... You don't mind it, do you?" I shake my head with a slight grin. Secretly, I like romantic films... Especially with Mark? My dream comes true. Watching a romantic movie with your crush? Of course it's a dream coming true.

I wrap myself into the blankets and let Mark put the popcorn between us. He chuckles a bit, then starts the movie.

It starts with a bunch of kids visiting a museum and their tour guide showing them a secret exhibition of Mexican culture. Then, she shows them the Book of Life and starts her story about Jacquie, Manolo and Maria.

(Sorry if I didn't caught the names right ;-;)

There were beautiful songs in it, Mark hummed a few of them, like the part where Manolo sings under Maria's balcony and when Manolo apologizes to the giant bull. I enjoyed listening to Mark's voice.

Around the end of the movie I wanted to try something out. I put my head on Mark's shoulder and softly closed my eyes. I pretended that I fell asleep. I decided not to 'wake up' to anything Mark says or does, such as shaking, tickling me.

I hear the television shutting off and Mark quietly grunting then chuckling. Then, I felt him dig his hand trough my green hair. "He's so cute" I hear him whisper. I feel his hair brushing my forehead and then our noses bumping. He pulls back a bit and kisses my forehead, then puts my head carefully onto a pillow.

"Sweet dreams, Jackaboy." He heads up the stairs. I turn to my other side and open up my eyes. I try to glance at his ass, but he's already upstairs. I roll back and sigh happily.

Wait... does this mean... he likes me? I don't know... But I have to find it out somehow...

~Time skip 'till mornin'~

I groggily open my eyes up. The morning sun is blinding me. I look over to the clock on the wall. 7:53 AM. I usually get up around this time. I stretch out and pull the blankets off me. I make my way into the kitchen and make two cups of coffee.

As I walk upstairs into Mark's room I pass his recording room. I take a glance inside it. Nothing's different, except, he bought a guitar and held it in there. I chuckle as I think about the picture he uploaded to twitter with his guitar in the bathroom. I finally reach my destination, Mark's room. I walk next to his bed and set the coffees down onto his nightstand. I looked at him. He slept peacefully, his lips slightly parted. I brushed a bit of his hanging red hair out of the way to see his handsome face. I lean in and lightly give a kiss to his forehead.

I look at my watch. 8:04. Shit, I have to go home and record something for tomorrow. I have to wake him up. Maybeee... by shaking him? Nope... I tried... doesn't work... Hmmm...

Yesss! SCREAM IN HIS EAR! But... of course, don't make him deaf. I lean closer and closer to his ear and inhale a big breath. Before I could greet him with a loud 'TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA!' I lover my voice and just whisper.