1

I walked into my first hour class, math, or as I like to call it "Mental Abuse To Humans."

I put on my 'smile' tricking people into thinking I'm happy. I honestly haven't been happy or even 'okay' for a long time. My parents divorced when I was in kindergarten.
My mom remarried and my step-sister is an attention whore who always has something going on.

Our math teacher was dragging on about something but I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy wondering if the rumors were true that there would be a new kid. Everyone says he's some emo dude, honestly I'm kinda hoping he is.

My thoughts were interrupted when the bell rang signaling that class was over. I got up and went to leave the classroom but some jerk ran into me nearly triping me.

"HEY! I AM A PERSON NOT A CARPET WATCH IT!!" I yelled down the hallway.
"Bitch" I mumbled under my breath.

*skipping Until lunch*

I sat down at a table with my food hoping nobody rude would sit by me, dang was I wrong.

"Hey." Kayla said sitting next to me. OMB (oh my bands, I don't believe In God so bands are my god) I hate her.

"Hey, what's up?" I said putting on my 'smile'. But I all really wanted to say was 'bitch get the f*ck away from me'

"OMG, did you hear there's a new kid coming tomorrow," she said in her height pitched voice that made me want to slap her. "I heard he's a gothic emo, gross." I rolled my eyes. I hated it when people judge a book by its cover there's so much more than what meets the eye. Getting up I threw away my untouched food and left to the library.

"good afternoon Judy," I said to the librarian.

"As to you Raven," yes, I call my librarian by her first name.

I sat down In the back of the library and pulled out the book that I've been reading.
The bell rang interrupting my reading. 'wtf, this is a really good book why do you have to interrupt me'. I put on my 'smile' that seemed to fool everybody, and walked to class.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone noticed that my 'smile' was a fake, like there are so many people In this school and not one person has taken the time to really look and notice I wasn't really smiling.

I sang the lyrics to lost it all and savior by Black Veil Brides and I'm not okay (I promise) by My chemical Romance in my head throughout the rest of the day.