Chapter 22

August Pov

"Eyy Mya" I yelled out from her room. She was in the bathroom getting dressed since we were all goin out for pizza.

"Yaa"

"Would you laugh if I tell you something..?"

"Something like what ?" I scratched my head. I was new to all this and I just wanted let out how I feel.

"Like expressing myself"

"No .. why would I ? Thats mean or disrespectful . I wouldn't want someone to laugh at me while expressing how I feel so.. go ahead" I nodded.

"I..I...I feel good when I'm at church..." I was met with silence so I continued.

"After you spoke about not judging others there was some kind...shift in the atmosphere. My heart felt awesome.. it felt great.. there was some kind of joy and peace I never experienced...

"..and I liked it and I been thinkin alot .... after the word I left that church a different person ... I been thinking on following Jesus..." I didnt even finish before the bathroom door swung open and Mya came stumbling out.

I rushed to help to help her "hey are you alright ?"

"Are you serious ?" She was teary eyed .. I could see that she was proud and that warmed my heart.

"Yea ma.." she then hugged me tightly.

"Ohhh I am so proud!! And happy! Let me tell you this is the best decision you've ever made. Ughh I am so happy for you because God is gonna work on you!!"

I laughed at her excitement... hell she was makin me excited.

"I'm sorry if I'm over doing it but I just soo happy for you" she hugs me again.

"Its okay" I laughed.

"Lemme tell you this though...its not easy.. hold on to my words babe cause you're gonna have problems and you're gonna need to have faith. God is gonna challenge you not to break but to make you stronger.

.. God already had a plan made for us. We dont come out losin .. we come out in victory. The bible says that all things work for our good. You are gonna be so strong and wise .. you are gonna impact lives and I'm gonna be right by you're side" this time I hugged her.

If God had not placed her in my life.. bruh. I love her so much. I want her to be by my side forever.

I need someone like her in my life. She's already changing me. I guess its more like... God is using her..to bring me to him.. but why...?

What's so special about me that he wants me ? Why does he love me ? I mean I made so many wrongs. I dont get it and I don't just wanna put it aside I wanna find out why.

"Aight ma" I kissed her forehead. I helped her up. "Teach me how to pray ma"

"You go on your knees and you talk to him however you're comfortable without being disrespectful"
So i did just that,helping her do the same .

"Then you tell everything you mean or what you're going through "

"Alright I'm bout to start na , dont laugh" i looked at her before closing my eyes again.

"Father in the name of Jesus!!" Mya busted out laughing . She was teaching me how to pray but i kept fooling around.

"August stop playing" she pushed me playfully . I laughed. I love to make her laugh.

"We going do this seriously now" i nodded and tried again " Hesus -" thats all it took before she was laughin again.
"I aint even say nothing yet "
"I know i'm sorry , i cant help it , what is yo problem. " She took deep breaths before getting ready to try again.