We're Complete (Merome one-shot)

Jerome' s p.o.v.

    My eyes were trained on a group of girls hanging around Mitch. I took another sip of my drink and sighed. He always managed to get a girlfriend. And then there was me. My throat tightened when I saw a blonde girl kiss Mitch directly on the lips. A deep growl rose and escaped my mouth and my face burned. My ears hurt at the sound of scraping claws, but then I realized they were mine.

     I wasn't jealous was I?

     No... Mitch and I were just friends. Nothing more. And besides, we were both straight. It would be wrong to love my best friend.

     I can't do this.

     Mitch sat down at a barstool with a beer in hand. The girls sat down with him and wouldn't leave him alone. He seemed overwhelmed, and finally started to come back to me. He was so perfect, his gait, his hair, his eyes...

     Not again. You do not like Mitch as more than a friend, and he does not like you in that way either. Stop trying.

     Once he sat down on the stool, I searched his eyes, something wasn't right. There was something on his mind, he wasn't focused. I looked over again and saw him also searching me.

     "What?!?" We both exclaimed at the same time. I let out an amused growl. He started laughing and took another sip of beer.

     "What?" I asked again, tapping my claws on the counter.

     "Well, biggums. You didn't seem too gucci when I was back there. Maybe a little jealous?"  He knew me too well.

      "It was nothing," I replied hastily, but he still didn't let it go.

      What do I do? Sweat began dripping off my fur. I couldn't bear to say those three words. Those three damned words that could mean losing my best friend.

     I love you. Wait...

     "D-did I just say that out loud?" God damn it. There goes our friendship. Forever. DAMN IT. Why do I have to be so stupid???

      I tried hiding the tears that were now streaming down my cheeks, staining my dark brown fur. After a few seconds, I thought he left me here alone, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I slowly turned around to face Mitch, with a concerned look plastered on his perfect face.

     "Mitch... Look, I'm so sor-"

     My words were cut off by a pair of soft lips, connecting to mine. I was shocked at first, but soon I melted into his arms and kissed him back with equal amounts of passion. Our lips fit together like pieces of a puzzle and it felt so right. When we finally pulled away my eyes locked with his, and he flashed a caring smile.

     "Jerome...I love you, too." With that we shared another deep kiss, and I knew we were complete.