The Red Day

Right now, you are 7. A painful age for you. You had escaped the hell hole known as your home a few moments ago, an were now on your way to a hell hole known as school. You've found that no matter where you go, there is always hell. And that is what makes it scary.

Not the pain of the flames, or the fear of pain. But the fact that it is never ending.

The only interesting thing that has happened to you is that Monsters were released onto the surface only about a month ago. And you haven't even seen any sign of monsters on the surface. In fact, you've never even seen a monster. Though you have heard that they are feirce beings. And that if you were ever to see one, you should run in cover.

But concidering that the people who told you this was your god forsaken mother, you just kept wishing that you could meet a monster. Your mother had only ever told you lies since you were born, so couldn't that be a lie too?

As you walked to school, satchel bag hanging from your shoulder,  your school tormentors walked towards you.They all were upperclass men so you couldn't really do anything about it. If you remember correctly, they were about 14. You kept your head down begging that they would simply ignore you, but to no avail.

"Hey look!" One of the male tormentors hollered to his buddies. "It's the human punching bag." When saying that he bumped into you, knocking you to the ground. "How about we try something different this time." They said and then the male reached into his bag and grabbed out a knife.

You began to shake, this was new. And you didn't like the size of the blade. 'How did he even get the blade onto school grounds!' you wondered as he swung it around dangerously. A sycopathic look in his eye.

"Now be good and hold still." He said in a hushed voice. Suddenly, arms grabbed you from behind, pinning you to the ground by your arms and legs. The boy walked up to you and placed the knife blade gently on you cheek. "Make a sound and You will be in big trouble.". You where so terrified, unable to do a thing about all of this.

He sharply dug the knife into your cheek, you held back a muffled scream. Tears began to prick in the corner of your eyes as blood streamed down your cheek. The pain felt strange. You weren't able to describe it, but it odly enough made you feel alive. 

He then cut your shoulder, then arm, going down to the leg. He cut the back of your hand in the shape of an 'X'. It would leave a scar and you knew it. All of these damned cuts would.

"Dude, maybe you should stop." One of the people holding your legs said, then he released your leg. Basically saying that he didn't want to be apart of this anymore. "I don't think we should have done this. Your better than this, come on." He said and he pulled the rest of the males off you and then turned and ran.

You sat on the hard concrete for a moment. Then sitting up, finally finding your strength. You did a once over of the cuts. Some of them would leave a scar but found that not a lot of them were deep. In fact, most of them were barely bleeding. So you stood and went to the closest public restroom.

Thankfully you found it empty. So you closed and locked the door behind you. Leaving the entire bathroom to yourself. You were prepared for the beating, as strangely as it sounded, so you had already packed things to fix yourself up. You pulled out a rag you had in your satchel and wet it under the faucet.

You dabbed it over your wounds and skillfuly bandaged them. You were used to this, making it like nothing when it happend. You had found that you hardly ever even feel emotions at all anymore. Once finished, you made your way to a specific tree.

It was far away from both your home and your school. Far away from anything actually. Once it was found, you skillfully climbed it. Doing this more than a couple times. When you didn't have the strength to go to school, you would come here and relax.

You pulled out small notebook. It was meant for school, though you never found a good use for it in school. You instead used it for drawing. Once it was out, you grabbed your pencil and drew whatever came to your mind.

You didn't choose what you drew. Rather, your body drew for you. You always saw in dreams this person. Or thing. Whatever it was, it wasn't human. So you drew him. You had found that this person was a sort of person who brought good luck. 

When you thought of him, you thought that nothing could go wrong. Once you drew the body, you pulled out all your colored pencils. This was a very colorful person, and deserved to have that shown when drawn. Once finished with that, you admired your work.

You had drawn a skeleton with a scarf. Most of his outfitw as brown but he was covered in rainbow ink, or something. You could never imagine what his eyes looked like, so you left that part of him blank. He held a giant paint brush. And was smiling.

Everytime you imagined him, you imagined he was happy. As happy as you wished you could be. You imagined that he was an amazing artist. And loved it with a great passion. If you thought about it, you supposed that he was actually your imaginary friend.

The only one that you could turn to. The only thing that you cared about. The only thing that cared about you.

But sadly, it was the only thing that didn't exist. It was the only thing you wanted, that you could never have. It was something you couldn't talk to. This thought is what brought you back to reality.

You were alone. And in that moment, all you wanted was a hug. Was for someone to be there with you and hold you. But that wouldn't happen. It would never happen. So when you looked up into the sky and saw the sun setting. You jumped from your perch on the tree and walked carefully home. 

When you arived, you thanked the heavens. Your parents weren't home. Leaving you all by yourself.

With much difficulty, you found your way to a cabinet. You pulled out better medical equipment and applied it to your wounds. Wrapping them back up when you were finished. You had a bandage on your cheek and bandages wrapped around your thigh and arms. This was going to be difficult to fall asleep.

Tears soundlessly escaped your eyes as you layed onto your bed. Pulling the covers up to your neck. With much trouble, you finally fell asleep. Into welcomed dreams with this strange person that you could never have.