Prologue

When I turned seventeen I fought a war. Not one most people would have heard of. It didn't make the papers and there are no images captured of the battles we fought. The war my family fought was one no mortals knew about. We fought to save the last of the dragons from their enemy the wyvern. We fought to save the world from a threat they knew nothing about.

My name is Chandra Strandon and I'm a sorcerer. That sounds like I'm introducing myself at some self-help group but it's a fact, I'm a sorcerer and I can perform real magic. There are several sorcerers in my family. My husband, Chase is one. His parents were as well, though his mother was killed during the war. My father is a sorcerer, though my mother is mortal. Our family is a little pack of weird. Chase's sister has the Sight, she can see the aura of magical beings, and his brother is the current holder of the sword Excalibur.

The war ended in our favor. Together Chase and I are the Chosen Children We were picked by Merlin to fulfill a prophecy he foretold long ago. It was up to us to defeat the leader of the wyvern so the dragons could live in peace. It was difficult to go into battle, to lose friends and family. To witness the pain caused by the wyvern. Chase and I both nearly lost our lives on several occasions.

Now, years later our children are approaching their eighteenth birthday. A day every sorcerer looks forward to because it means they'll receive their full powers. It seems that Merlin has decided their fate is much different than the one I envisioned for them. I wanted them to have a normal life. School, friends, dates, all of the things we missed out on because Merlin chose us to fight a war.

Once again our family willgo into battle and I'm not looking forward to it. It isn't something I everwanted to do again in my life.