The Sweat Glistens

"Robbie...come on, mate. Wake up. Time for our run" I say to a still semi-asleep Robbie as I stick my head into his bedroom and flick on the light.

"Awh Gaz, come on man...its 8 AM on a Sunday. What's the rush?" he moans back as he holds a hand up to block the bright lights away from his eyes.

"Bob, you said you would come running. You know you will regret it later, now come on. Get up!" I say to him as I stroll into his room, rip back the covers to reveal his toned tattooed torso.

"I've coffee waiting for you in the kitchen. Get dressed" and with that, I stroll back towards the kitchen to finish my morning dose of much-needed caffeine.

*****

What seems like an hour later, I finally see something resembling my best friend emerge from the bedroom to my right as I refill my coffee cup with the new brew as it's all gone cold by this stage.

"How nice of you to join me" I chuckle out at him. "Coffee?"

"Please?" He almost begs me.

"I'll have a quick cuppa and then we'll go, mate. Sorry about the delay, but you're too right. I'll only regret it later. Thanks for the pep talk, Gaz" he says as he playfully nudges me in the arm.

After he finishes his coffee, he spins around in search of his running shoes. Spotting them in the corner by the door, he bounces over to them and pops them on.

"Ready, mate?" he says with a newly added pep-in-his-step attitude.

"Always buddy. Let's do this" I say as I grab my phone from the side and follow him out the door into warm Californian sunshine

*****

"Wooooohh. Now that's what you call a run!" I hear Robbie exclaim as he pulls up behind me after a few minutes as we arrive back at the house.

"I was wondering if you got lost, mate" I wink at him cheekily to which I receive a refreshingly honest answer from Rob.

"Alright, alright don't get too happy about it. We all know you're a fitness freak and health guru now mate, you're obviously going to be quicker than me during that 10K Gaz!" he says as he whips his running top up over his shoulders, whipping a wall of sweat in my direction as he does.

"Christ Rob, sweat much?" I chuckle as I wipe my eyes of his sweat as much as my own with a towel and head towards the fridge to grab some water.

Tossing a bottle of ice cold Voss water in his direction, I grab a large towel from the laundry basket and head out in the back garden and into the sunshine.

"Come on Rob, we have to stretch or you'll seize up after a run like that, mate" I call back to him as I lay the towel out in the grass in front of me.

Pulling my sleeveless training top up and over my shoulders, tossing it in the general direction of the door, I plop down on to my knees and begin some light lunges to help ease the now slightly aching muscles in my lower legs.

''Oooooh yes! God, I needed this stretch'' I moan quietly but loud enough for Robbie to hear me as he joins me out in the sunshine to do our post-run stretches.

''Easy there Gaz, your arse might explode from within your shorts if you bend anymore forward, lad'' Robbie chuckles as he stretches out his ankles quickly before starting on his calves.