Prologue

I woke up to someone shaking me. "Tris wake up. Tris,"

  Christina had a big smile on her face. "Today we get to pick our jobs. I want to be a leader,"

  Christina sat back down on her bed and tied her shoes. I sat up and put on my shoes. "Like Eric?"I asked.

  Christina made a face of disgust. "Of course not,"

  I smile and then she smirks. "What?"I ask.

  "You should be an instructor like Four so you two get closer if you know what I mean,"She wiggles her eyebrows.

  I feel my cheeks heat up and I stand up. "Christina,"I say.

  I use the bathroom and get dressed. As soon as I leave only Christina was there to wait for me. We walked together to meet Eric and Four to decide our jobs.
*•*•*•*
When we get there,there is a list of jobs on a white board. You get to pick in order of what rank you were in. So I get to pick first.

  It is like the Choosing Ceremony. I don't know what to pick. Should I pick instructor so I could be with Tobias more? Should I be a leader? Should I be a guard? Should I watch the computers? My thoughts were interuptted by Eric.

  "Tris. You were ranked one surprisingly. Now you get to pick your job first,"

  I bit my lip hard. "I choose..."