Prologue

"Dear mommy,

It's getting really boring without you, I miss you a lot mommy. Mama says I should stop writing to you but I will never stop, not until you come back. Mama has a new boyfriend, his name is Brad, mama says he is gonna be my new daddy soon, but I don't want a new daddy.

Love,
Riley."

Camila's POV

Lunch was quiet, as always. No one spoke, no one moved unless they were stuffing their faces with the nasty shit they call food. Police officers patrolled around the cafeteria, their beady eyes scanning over each of us.

"Cabello!" I looked up from my tray of food. "Yes, Officer Mahone?" He was the worst out of all of them, constantly trying to touch me, a disgusting smirk spread across his face. "You got another letter, but you can't read it until you let me have you." He smirked again, the other prisoners at my table looked up, disgusted at the man that was blackmailing me. "I will not have sex with you, just give me the letter." I said calmly. "Come on baby, I could make you feel good." I sighed and reached for the letter, but before I could reach it I was being tackled to the ground.

Lauren's POV

"Riley slow down honey, come here and hold my hand!" I held my daughters and hand and walked her across the prison parking lot. "Mommy is in there!" I smiled at my 7 year old daughters excitement. "Yes baby she is," I said. The walk to the prison building wasn't too long, but it was long enough for me to think about how nervous I was to see Karla.

It's been three years since she had been arrested, Riley was only four, after she had been arrested I met Brad, and we fell in love.

"Mama look! It's her! It's her!" Riley squealed. My eyes shifted, from the waiting room there was a glass window you could see the cafeteria from, and Karla was there. I smiled a little looking at her. But an officer blocked my view of her. He leaned down and seemed to be taunting her. After about 5 minutes Karla reached for what was in his hand, and she was tackled to the ground. "Mommy!" Riley screamed. The other people in the waiting area saw what was going on too and smiled sympathetically. I reached for my daughter and pulled her to where she was facing me. I watched as they beat Karla, just like when she got arrested. A tear escaped my eye as they walked her to her cell. "Ms. Jauregui, I don't think Camila is allowed visitors at this time, I'm sorry." The secretary, Allyson Brooke smiled sadly at Riley and I before turning away and leaving. "Come on Riley, we will come back and try to see mommy next week." I said as we left the building.