Chapter 1

ICE CREAM, CRYING, 'LOVE'
CHAPTER 1

Love is a joke with a terrible punch line that nobody gets. You can learn this in life the easy way or the hard way. Windy Mae Justice learned it both ways. Her best friend on the other hand...not so lucky. That's why this is their story is different.

It's not a story about love.

It's a story about friendship.

They may encounter love along their wild ride, but it's not what this is about.

So join them on this journey through the friendship.

Before love was sh*t to them:

"Wendy wake up its Monday you have school." I turned and faced the voice that belonged to my mother, Janice Avery Justice. I groaned and hid under the covers covering myself from her glare.

"This is an ungodly hour. So no," I mumbled underneath my covers.

Usually when I was awake and completely conscious I would do whatever she said. An angry mom is a deadly one. I can assure you my mother is no different.

Unfortunately for me sleepy Windy was stupid and had a death wish. "Young lady I didn't ask you if you wanted to wake up." Her tone sounded impatient and angry.

Before I had time to respond she ripped my covers from me and ripped open my curtains. "No the light it burns!" I tumbled off my bed trying to cover myself. "I don't know why I bother." My mother mumbled walking out of my room. I groaned standing up and stretching by limbs.

I closed my curtains shielding myself from the sun. I grabbed my phone and walked into the bathroom.

You know that wonderful feeling when you wake up full of energy?
No? Yeah I don't either I am not a morning person. I wake up hating the world and wanting to kill stupid chirping birds. Why in the world are they chirping so early in the morning. Shaking my head and clearing I immediately hopped in the shower. I didn't to look in the mirror. I mean why bother when I know I probably look like sh*t anyways. I stiffened as soon as the hit water hit my back. I don't know how people relax immediately under hot water. I have to get used to the water first. After relaxing under the water I finished washing my hair.

After showering I dressed into a cute outfit I prepared the night before. See I'm not always stupid and unprepared.

*Outfit above or on previous or next page 📄

I tied my shoe laces and walked out the door. I walked downstairs following my dads laughter and family's faint conversation. "Oh Lord, please tell me that's bacon I smell," I whispered as I slipped down the stairs. "Shit," I muttered while rubbing my now sore butt. "Your such a dumbass." I looked up and saw my idiotic brother Ricky in his marine uniform. "Ricky your back." I said while running towards my brother. Well as fast as you can in filas. I loved it whenever my brother came back. I didn't get to see him often.

"Hey paws, did you get shorter or did I just grow taller?" I laughed punching his arm before I replied.

"The only thing that grew Ric was your ego." I said as he fake pouted at me.

"Well it's not my fault I attract the ladies with my looks." He said trying to look serious. I looked at him mirroring his expression before we started laughing. "Please the only thing you attract is flies because let's face it you smell." I replied with a smirk playing at my lips. ''God paws you have a remark for everything. He said slightly pushing me.

I smiled before ruffling his hair and stealing his waffle. Hey don't blame me the waffle had it coming. So did my brother and his oversized ego.

"Hey its not nice to steal my waffles!'' I didn't bother replying as I walked outside. My wild untamed hair flying across face.

*Above Is hair color and hair and/or is on previous or next page*

I began walking to Lillys house which thankfully was four houses down. And like me, she needed someone to wake her up every morning. I approached her familiar cream colored house and knocked.
Knowing she wouldn't answer I looked under the flower pot and got the spare key. I opened her door and walked towards her room. "Your lovely and joyful queen has arrived peasant!" I screamed as I walked up the stairs. I opened the the door and walked towards her sleeping figure. "Your queen has arrived bow down to me!" I said while shaking her violently. She immediately woke up saying, "Wow when did Melanie Martinez get here?" I pushed her off her bed giggling as she fell.

"Bish we all know you love me more than Melanie." I said with a lopsided grin. "Yeah yeah whatever floats your boat." ,she said whilst shaking her head. I grabbed her some clothes and pushed her into the bathroom. "Hurry up you only have 20 minutes." I said while walking downstairs to make her food.

Lils is always cranky in the morning when I wake her up so I make her breakfast.

Above or on previous or next page is Eli's outfit

I grabbed the Nutella some bread and bananas. I decided to make her a simple Nutella and banana sandwich. I sighed sometimes I wonder why Eli would do without me. I'm such a good friend I thought as I started washing the knife.

Turning off the faucet I put away the knife awaiting for her arrival. I heard her footsteps and started putting everything away. "What did you make me today bubbles?"

She came up to me smiling."I made your favorite Lils." I said already expecting her to eat it fast. "Have I told you how much I love you?" I laughed at her statement before replying,"Not really no." She gave me the stink eye before eating the rest of her breakfast. I glanced at my watch.