Things Changed

A normal day. You know how rare it is for any of us to have a normal day? Well, given that Anezdine, Akune, and Hazarmaveth were all munching on some of Ambrosia's perfectly soft ice cream, witnessing another one of Ignasciatumn's failed attempts at seducing Atami, and Akirago and Tithi battle it out not too far away from them, it was actually somewhat...dare I say NORMAL around Thrainyah Mansion. Understandably, to any outsider, today would look like a chaotic whirlwind of death in the house of gods, but believe me, things could be MUCH worse.

As for me, I was curled up in an oversized beanbag chair, munching on some popcorn with Zorak, Goddess of Sky and Shadow. We had made it a daily routine to watch someone's little battle with some refreshments and snacks on the side. Besides, whenever Tithi started mocking Aki's prized Dragon Dreamer, it was evident that something good was about to happen (in other words, bleach-for-brains cheerleader wannabe was about to get her butt kicked straight to the next Douse).

"So..." I lazily popped a buttered popcorn puff into my mouth, turning slightly to face Zorak, the Goddess of Sky and Shadow. "Wanna bet who's gonna win this?"

The black-haired woman nearly choked on a kernel from laughing. "Hmmmm, let's see, the Blondie's running around the room with her hair on fire, and Aki's shouting something indecipherable in her own language." She grinned. "I'm gonna put my money on her!"

Licking a bit of butter off of my lips, I smiled. "So, same as me. Wanna bet 20 billion Pertens Aki wins this?"

Zora nodded. "Seeing as neither of us have to pay it since we're betting on the same person, sure!"

I laughed. "The invisible ghost bets Tithi's gonna win. He's gonna have to pay us!"

"DON'T EVER INSULT MY DRAGON DREAMER AGAIN!" Aki's voice interrupted the hysterical laughter bubbling up from both Zora and myself. Of course, that didn't help as much, so we ended up laughing harder.

After a few seconds had passed of screaming and whining on Tithi's end, Akirago sauntered over to us, brushing a small speck of dust from the gaming helmet she created. "Well," she sighed. "That was something." She glanced at the popcorn Zora and I were munching on, grabbing a piece herself before speaking again. "I'm guessing you two had fun with that, huh?"

We nodded in sync. "Oh, yeah."

She smiled, brushing the black streak in her bangs out of her scarred eye. "Well, knowing her, it'll probably happen again tomorrow, soooo..." She popped another popcorn in her mouth. "Can you get Ambrosia to make the spicy popcorn for that? I'm gonna want some of that, too."

Zora laughed. "Sure!"

A devious grin lit up on my face. "I may end up bringing Sikats, too. Just for fun."

Aki's eyes got wide at the mention of her addiction and she licked her lips. "Please do!"

Pretty soon, Aki had joined the popcorn club, as we all sat on the huge beanbag and munched away to our heart's' content. Life seemed for once, tranquil. Nothing could go wrong, could it?

Apparently, I was wrong.

Only seconds after the three of us had relaxed, a usually soft-spoken and calm voice rang through the air like a foghorn. "EVERYONE! COME, NOW!"

I raised my head up from the beanbag. "Yirinyan?"

Aki raised an eyebrow, matching Zora's confused stare. "She doesn't yell like that though..." She had a point. The Goddess of Balance was one of the most calm and collected Honorans to exist, period. If she, of all people, was upset....well, we would have good reason to be upset, as well.

As soon as I finished that thought, a monochrome-maned woman charged into the area we were all congregated in. Her hair was a bit more messy than usual, the black hair from one side mixing with the white on the other side, turning it to salt-and-pepper. "Everyone. Meeting. NOW. Urgent. COME!"