Prologue

"You cannot hide what you're truly are." Hissed the demonic voice.

"I don't care." The girl barked. She turned her back to the transparent figure, her long black hair flicked out, causing a cool draught to be sent out. She walked forward, her feet creaking against the old, worn out floorboards.

"You're my spawn, not theirs. It won't take them long to figure out the truth." 

The girl clutched the hilt of her sword until her pale knuckles had turned a dead-looking white. Power radiated from the sword, which had been dipped in lava, thrown into the well of souls and spiritually bound to her. 

"Spawn, that's all I was to you. A disposable pawn in your game of chess," she snapped. "You never cared about me. I was only trained for evil. That was your objective, but that's where you went wrong, I'm not like you. Flesh and blood used to be what we shared, not anymore. "

The transparent figure opened his eyes, illumaniting the room with a blinding glow. "Listen to me Leyna, you not only risk your own life but our whole races lifes as well."

Leyna turned around and slashed the figure in one swift movement. The figure moved around the sword and reappeared. He laughed manically. "You know you can't kill me."

Loud, thunderous sounds of lightning cracked in the sky outside. This lightning wasn't normal though. It flashed purple and was deadlier than normal lightning. It wasn't normal. It was the power that came from a certain demon.

Leyna pulled the hood of her grey jacket up, it rested just below her eyes. She placed her hand on the doorknob that was once golden but had turned black over time. The door groaned as she pushed it open.

"Don't you dare send someone after me." She hissed as a last goodbye.

The transparent figure, the man who had once lived, laughed in the backround, mocking her every word. 

The rain fell down heavy on Leyna as she truged her way to her destination. She knew it would take a while but she didn't care.

I'll make a life for myself, I won't be controlled by anyone. 

Hatred for her father burned inside her, a fire that was ready to explode. Leyna smirked, holding up the source of her power, her sword. "I won't let them know that I'm a demon."