Chapter 1

Hi guys!! I'm just trying out this new idea that popped up from my mind. I'm pretending that Yuzuru actually moved to Toronto at a younger age and took high school. I'm not familiar with the Canadian education system so maybe you could give me some tips along the way :-) hope you like this!

There were muffled whispers in every corner of the classroom. Owen never bothered to look up, still doodling on page 168 of History is Fun!

The new boy had been rumoured to be a skater. Some said he was a kickass hockey skater who scored goals without batting an eyelid. Some said he spent his free time hurtling down the frozen canals of Alaska.

Phoebe let out a disappointed sigh. She jabbed Owen in the seat in front of her with a pencil, a sharpened pencil, mind you.

"Nimmy's nothin' like they say," she murmured.

They were expecting a burly teen of 6 feet (at the minimum, Emily vouched) with ripped biceps and a chiselled jaw to die for, but nobody was expecting this.

The new boy was skinny by Canadian standards, not even near 6 feet, and had black hair shaped around his head like a mushroom.

He was an Asian.

Very much unlike what they had expected.

Not that they had anything against Asians (Emily swore they did nothing but eat rice and study), but the rumoured new guy Brad Pitt-lookalike image was quickly shattered, to the dismay of people like Phoebe Wilkins and Emily Hawk.

Owen nearly heard Phoebe grimace as the Asian boy was introduced to the class and gave a polite wave, before bowing a perfect 90 degrees.

"I'll bet a frappucino that this guy is Korean," Emily snickered, jabbing Owen with a ballpoint pen.

"Oi, stop it Em, my shirt's all ruined from all your poking. I'll take that frappucino, that guy's definitely Japanese." Owen drew a snout on the piglet, wincing as the proportion didn't turn out well.

Owen was snapped out of the piglet-drawing nonsense as Mr Brown cleared his throat.

"Owen?"

"-Yes, sir?"

"Yuzuru will be sitting with you. I'll expect you to help him out with English," in a sing song voice, he patted the poor boy's back, sending him off in Owen's direction.

After a clumsy bow and an extended hand, Owen stared at the boy incredulously.

What the hell?

"To meet you nice, I will be Hanyu Yuzuru," he said brightly, wincing as students snickered at his accented English.

Even the first in English, Owen Wild, probably couldn't save him from his death.

Owen took his hand awkwardly.

"Um- I'm Owen Wild. Nice to meet you."

Yuzuru had a confused expression for a while, but sat down, smiling politely as cracked the fresh spine of his copy of History Is Fun! as the class settled back down, drowning in the monotonous voice resonating through the room.

The tension spiked when Owen heard him mumble.

"I thought Owen was a boy's name..."

"Hey."

He turned around, a polite smile plastered on once more. Owen barely registered that Phoebe tried to fling a small bit of eraser towards them.

"Excuse you, I can understand you," she replied in English, an annoyed huff blowing her dark fringe out of her face.

tell me if you like it, I'll see if I'll continue this! Basically this will be about Yuzuru's hypothetical high school experience while training in Toronto.