Chapter 1

I could tell just by the tone of her voice that she was angry. However, it was her words that confirmed my negative thoughts.

     "Hayden, I've given you many many chances, but you threw them away faster than I could give them to you." She got quieter as she continued speaking, "I'm sorry about this, but you used to be happy, now you're always upset and angry."

    I found myself at a loss for words.

    "Joy, I-" she put a finger on my lips, silencing me.

      "No. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry but I'm just going through a lot of things at home. I think it'd be best if we spent time apart." She faltered, a single tear sliding down her perfect skin.

    "Please, Joy, please don't cry."

     "No! Don't tell me to not cry! Maybe in a little while we can try being friends, but now is not really the time. I'm sorry." 

     Tears were flowing down her face in a steady stream.

    "I guess this is it. I hope everything gets better for you at home."

      She made her way to the door and opened it.

     "Goodbye, Hayden."

       Joy closed the door behind her, but before it closed completely, she steals a quick glance at me.

       I felt my heart breaking as I went through the kitchen to go up the stairs. Before I could head upstairs, my mom stopped me in my tracks.

    "I heard all of it. I'm so sorry. I knew you really loved her." She said, leaning against the doorframe.

         "Yeah. Too bad I never got the chance to say it."

        "What?!" My mom said, her jaw dropping, "you didn't tell her you loved her? Not even once?!"

  "No, I never-"

     "Hayden. If you love a girl, you have to tell her. It makes them feel so great and cared about. Maybe an 'I love you' really would have helped her a little with her problems at home."

      "Do you, do you know what's going on? I mean, with her?"

      My mom nodded, "yes. Her dad died not too long ago. Now her mom has almost completely shut herself out."

         My heart was shattered. I should have told her. I knew what she was going through, I should have been there for her. Instead I had worried about getting rejected. But in the end, if I'd of just said it, maybe we wouldn't be where we were now.

       "Okay. I'm just going to be in my room." I said, sighing. I finally got to my room and I slammed the door behind me.

      I buried my face in my pillow. I felt my eyes water and I knew I was crying.

    'Guys don't cry.' I told myself, or at least that's what everyone else thinks.

   I heard a knock at my door after only a few minutes of the silence.

      "Mom. I told you I just want to be alone right now, okay?"

    "In what universe am I your mom?"

        Adam. Before he even asked, he barged into my room.

    "Dude. What are you crying about?"

      "Oh, nothing except for the fact that my girlfriend of a year and a half broke up with me." I shot at him, wiping my eyes.

     "I'm so sorry, man. But do you want to go shoot some hoops to get your mind off of her?" He asked, spinning a basketball in his hands.

      I was in no way in the mood to play basketball, but before I could protest, Adam grabbed my arm and shook it. My bed creaked as I got up and groaned.

"Fine. But later, I'm not going to listen to you."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Okay. I know this is bad, but It's just the start so hang with me here.

Also, thank you for actually reading. I'm thankful even if there's not many of you!

Love you!