The ceremony

TRINITY" my mom yelled. "WHAT" I yelled back. "The ceremony starts in 15 minutes were gonna be late!" She screeched, today was the day the we got our necklaces I was so nervous. I kept thinking about the look of the necklace not who had the other half. I was 15 and I was still worried about something I was worried about when I was 5. I kept thinking what if it's to big or what if the pattern is ugly.

Me and a bunch of other kids sitting in a group and one by one there names got called. It was only a few names away as I glance at my best friend her name was Jaelyn and she has long brown hair and I have short blonde hair. She has blue eyes and I have brown. No doubt about it she is definitely the prettiest girl here. As she walked back her hand were trembling as she looked at the necklace around her neck. Hers was kind of ugly. And I felt bad about that because we used to talk about how pretty ours was gonna be. So hers is huge and the pattern is flowers. Anyways we were getting so close to my name. "MAEGAN SWANSON".... "VICTORIA POST"...she was getting really close to me "MARY PERSAK"... Mine was next "TRINITY ROGERS"... She said as I slowly stood up. I walked up the little chunk of stairs on to the stage and I looked at the crowd full of people I found my mom and she slowly waved at me. That gave me the courage to to look at the speaker and let her put the necklace around me as the crowd clapped for the 26th time. As I walked down the stairs I looked at my necklace and I was happy.

Mine was just the right size and it looked like silver vines were growing up it. It fit comfortably around my neck. I loved it and I knew who ever had the other half would be perfect just like the necklace. And for once I didn't mind that we couldn't choose who we dated. The point for the whole system is so we didn't have to go through all the the heart break and pain of relationships, so I'm told. When I got home I bombarded my mom and dad with questions like- "do have to wear these forever", "can I see yours again"," how do you know that he's the other half", "how do you find out", "what if u never find him"
And the answered were "yes","sure","you try to fit your necklaces together", "once you know you know","you will" all of these questions I've asked before and they have the same answers every time.

I have really bad anxiety and depression and stress and right now I needed to know more than just what they were telling me.