Short Sad Stories

I Won't Live Without You

There was nothing I could do. Nothing but watch my baby brother slip from my fingers and down into the dark abyss, his screams bouncing off the rock walls and he reached wildly for me, slipping further and further away. I could see him crying, his screams were the last thing I heard before I hurled myself down after him.

I Want To Go, Too

There was blood everywhere. On the walls, on the carpet, on the bedspread, on the pillows, on the dresser. I froze and turned ever so slightly and there in the closet, slumped against the wall was my sister. Her arms were torn and slashed to ribbons and the blood was still running out. I ran towards her and knelt down next to her. She was still alive. She shakily reached her hand out and dropped and kitchen knife in my hand. I held it tightly. It was covered in my big sister's blood. I was only eight years old. I hardly understood what was happening. Four years later, I was in the same place she was. But with a twist. Instead of blood smeared on the walls, my brains had painted the plaster and the gun fell from my hand.

Paralyzed

I laid on the traintracks. Abandoned traintracks. Or so I thought. But when I opened my eyes, I felt vibrating against the metal and I was frozen, unable to move.

Lost and Found

I show my smile. I hide my tears.

I show my bravery. I hide my fears.

I show my clean wrists. I hide my bloody thighs.

I show my mask. I hide my lies.

I lost my smile. I gained my tears.

I lost my bravery. I gained my fears.

I lost my clean wrists. I gained my bloody thighs.

I lost my mask. I gained my lies.

Because once the secret was out, I was lost but I was found all the same