Oneshot

Baekhyun tapped nervously on the closed menu of the restaurant and sipped his glass of water. His boyfriend was already forty minutes late, breaking his own record and making Baekhyun even more embarrassed than usual. He had tried to call him and had left him several voice messages, but still no answer. Baekhyun was used to wait for him for at least fifteen minutes, and even once he had to wait twenty five minutes before his boyfriend hurriedly appeared at the restaurant, apologizing profusely and kissing him.

But this time it was too much. The waitress had started to look at Baekhyun with pity about fifteen minutes ago, and now the whole restaurant was feeling sorry for him, they even had started whispering. He looked at his watch. Forty five minutes was too much, and a hurt Baekhyun figured out what not showing up or even calling your boyfriend at your one year anniversary dinner meant. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he was about to call the waitress to inform her that he was leaving, when the door of the restaurant opened and a man entered.

To say the guy was breathless was an understatement, he looked like he just had run a marathon that ended at the very door of the place. He looked around, apparently looking for someone and when his eyes met Baekhyun's, he fixed his gaze on him. Baekhyun shivered under the intensity of the stare, but he was dumbfounded when the guy suddenly smiled at him with the biggest and brightest smile he had ever seen and waved, closing the distance between them and sitting down on the opposite chair after pecking his cheek, which shocked Baekhyun until no end.

'Sorry, I'm late, babe. Traffic's a bitch,' the man apologized with a smooth and deep voice.

Baekhyun blinked, trying to get out of his shock. 'N-no need to apologize,' he responded, which made the other to widen even more his smile.

Baekhyun blushed, and hurriedly hid his face behind the menu. Who the hell was this guy and how did he know Baekhyun had been dumped? He peeked over his menu to observe the other guy. He was tall, way taller than Baekhyun (he knew that even though he had been seated the whole time) and he was handsome, his baby-faced features contrasting with that deep, velvety voice and funny shaped ears that Baekhyun couldn't avoid finding cute.

The guy must have felt his eyes on him, for he looked up and caught Baekhyun spying on him. Baekhyun hid again behind the menu, cursing under his breath, but he did manage to see the other guy smirking at him. Well, since he was already there, his boyfriend at this point wouldn't show up and this handsome man had somehow silently volunteered to act as his date, he could as well go along with it. He didn't want to be alone and he could always leave if the guy turned out to be a creep.

'Do you already know what you want to eat?' the guy asked, snapping him back to reality.

'Ehm,' Baekhyun scanned the page rapidly, searching for a dish that seemed appetizing.

'Don't push yourself, you waited for me long enough so I can wait for you to pick what you want to eat,' he addressed him calmly while flashing him a charming smile.

Baekhyun blushed and nodded, looking at his menu intently this time. There was a dish he had always wanted to try, but his boyfriend always said it was too pricey and since he was the one paying, he didn't want to pay more than needed. Baekhyun had often argued that he was a working man and perfectly able to pay for himself, but his boyfriend had never let him and, in the end, he had never tried it. And today he wanted to try it as revenge.

'I want the pasta with bacon and truffles,' he claimed, looking at the other man to evaluate his reaction.

'Nice choice!' he raised his eyebrows, apparently impressed with Baekhyun's taste. 'I think I will go with the classic lasagne.'