It Must Be True Love{Rikessa Fanfiction}

Vanessa' s POV:

I was getting ready to leave my house and go to the mall with Riker.Our college was having it's annual Valentine's Day Dance.No one has asked me yet,though.I guess I'll just go with Rydel and Laura.I pulled on my old,worn-out pink converse and jogged down the stairs.The house was empty.Laura went to the movies with Ross and mom and dad went to Italy for vacation.I hope it's not gonna be awkward between Riker and I today.We've been bestfriends for like 5 years,long before Austin and Ally.Just lately,I've been feeling something vividly different whenever I'm with him.Something tugging on my heart everytime he says my name.I shake the thought from my mind and head out the door.There he is,leaning motionlessly on the hood of his silver camaro,resembling a Hollister model.I can't breathe for a second.I shake the thought away again and approach him,flashing my white smile."Hey,Nessa,"he greets me,wrapping me in a warm hug.I breathe in his scent.Forestry,chocolate,flowers.We both pulled away and he opened up the passenger door for me."Thankyou,"I said,slumping down lower and lower to get into the small car.I sat down and got settled into my regular spot.This car I've come very accustomed to.His dad bought it for him last year for his 21st birthday."I'm starving!Do you want to grab a donut or something?"he asked me.I didn't answer.I can't take him seriously when he has those pink rimmed shades over his eyes.He pulls them further down the bridge of his nose and smirks at me.I giggle."Yeah,"I said,picking up his phone.It was an IPhone and it had the pink cover case I had bought him for Christmas.My finger slide across the screen.I had been trying to figure out his password for 3 months!It's so hard!I continued failing as we pulled up to The Donut Palace.I stayed in the car,knowing that he would bring 4 creme filled donuts out to the car for us.He submerged through the Donut Palace entrance with 5 girls shouting and screaming.He navigated through the crowd and fell into the driver's seat.He handed me a donut and I started digging in.I looked up to see Riker laughing at me."What?"I said with my mouth full."You have creme on your nose,"he said,in the middle of chuckling.I reached up to wipe it off,but Riker' s hand stopped me."I got it,"he said,leaning towards me.