Not Some Random Girl

She was just standing in the doorway. Her face was blank and emotionless, making her look bored. She had just arrived at this mediocre high school party. I had a random girl on my arm. I didn't care to remember her name. I had too many girls to keep track of. Maybe her name was Stacy. Or Stephanie. Forgetting names was easy when I kept staring at the striking brunette with the bored expression. 

"Hey, uh-Stacy? I have to go do something," I tried to remember her name as I made up some lame excuse. 

"Stacy? You can't even remember my name?! It's Ciara!!" she screamed at my back. I didn't even spare her a glance as I made my way toward the girl in the doorway. 

As I got closer, her seemingly black dress reflected the light off the ceiling; making it glimmer blue. I stood about two feet away. A safe distance for small talk. "Hi. My name's Aaron. What's your name?" I questioned almost nervously. I never got nervous around a girl. Ever. 

She was startled from her expressionless gaze. I guess she wasn't expecting anyone to come talk to her. "Oh. I didn't see you there. Parties like this are so boring. I don't even know why I bothered to show up," she babbled. Her face looked brighter. More awake. As if the boredom of the party dulled her eyes to match her expression from a little bit ago. 

At this point, I didn't realize she forgot to tell me her name. Or did it on purpose. "Yeah. I've been to way better parties than this. But they're more or less the same." 

"How do you mean?" she interrogated with an adorably cute look on her face. 

"Girls waiting around every corner to ask me if I'm alone or lonely. They're all crazy about me. Not to brag. It's quite unpleasant," I explained. 

"Wow. You must be Mister Popular Football Captain at you school," she guessed. Which was spot on. "Or something," she added quickly.

Something flashed in her eyes. A fleeting emotion that nobody could catch. 

" Listen, Aaron, I have to go. I hate to leave so soon. I hope you have a wonderful time at the party," she breathed out in one breath. Her eyebrows grew more creased with worry every word. Her sincere, vibrant, blue eyes bored into mine. She took off for the front door. I took a quick peek behind me to see who or what upset her. I saw nothing out of the ordinary. 

I took off after her. "WAIT..." It was then that I realized I had no clue what her name was. 

I was half way across the huge front yard when I spotter her blue glimmer dress in the middle of the street. It reflected the light of the crescent moon above. She suddenly stopped, but I kept running to catch up to her. 

When I got there, (it was only a few seconds) she turned to face me. Her blue eyes almost looked clear in the moon light. 

"I never caught your name," I confessed. 

"My name is Alexandra," she panted and stared at me with an emotionless face and expressive eyes. 

Suddenly, she disappeared. I looked to the night sky and saw the moon glimmer blue. 

------------------------------------------

This is the first short story in my collection of original short stories. I hope you liked it. I plan to update once a week. It takes a while to write short stories. It takes a while to write in general because you have to be inspired and have a plot and all that stuff. I may leave some with cliff hangers like this one. I may start some in the "middle" of a story. Just tell me what you think and I'll try to cater to you guys. : )