Part 1- The Graduation

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.  Today was the day, the final day of high school. No more boring teachers, no more homework for the summer, it was done.  Okay, not done.  I was valedictorian so that meant that there was a speech that I had to "inspire" the crowd with.  This was NOT good.  I'm terrible speaking to a class in English, never mind the entire school! 

"You got this" I suddenly hear a familiar voice, breaking me out of my trance.  It was kip talking to his girlfriend Gwen. Typical. 

  Kip and I hated each other.  He was the stereotypical quarterback that every girl swooned over and I was one of the geeks who usually didn't have a boyfriend. Well, that stereotype wasn't true for me until last night, where my boyfriend Zach broke up with me. Over text. Luckily, my best friends, Danielle and Bella, were at my house in a heartbeat when they found out.  There was ice cream, candy, and chick flicks.  

Now that the horrendous wrath of Zach was over, I could finally take a chance on Brady.  You may be wondering, "Why did you date a guy when you had a crush on another?" Well kids, the answer is I have no idea.  It wasn't to make him jealous or anything because A) I wouldn't do such a thing, and B) Brady doesn't even go to our school so it wouldn't make any sense.  The only reason I know him is because we are on the same swim team together.

 Danielle knew from the start that it was a toxic relationship. She and Zach never really got along that well. And when they did, it was because I made them call a truce.  I suddenly heard another familiar voice behind me.  "Hello? earth to Emma?" called Bella from my right side.

" We have to get in line right now!"  Danielle said from my left.  Oh, so thats what all the hustle and shuffling behind me was.  

I straightened my golden valedictorian sash and walked up to the line where the rest of my classmates were standing. Finally, after about twenty minutes of eagerly waiting for my turn to go up and receive my diploma, the time finally came.  I felt nauseous about going up there, I mean, it was the whole school and their families. That's absolutely crazy. Ok, well, it's now or never.  I gave Lily and Brady a little wave to signal that I was up next.  I walked up, shook my principal's hand and got my diploma. Then, it was time for my valedictorian speech.

"Hello fellow classmates of year 2010.  Wow, we sure have come a long way since that first day of freshman year haven't we?"

 That got a cheer of laughter from the crowd. 

"I would first like to thank my best friends, Bella and Danielle, for helping me through the years from sleepovers to unplanned day trips on weekends. Thank you to my parents for helping me to be responsible and detailed with everything that I did in life."

I continued.

 "Mom, thank you for always being there to support me and dad thank you for always giving me something to look up to. But I would also like to say that I live in two worlds, one where I am outgoing and loud with my family and friends, and one where I am shy and quiet with my peers.  It is to my great disappointment that I didn't get to know every single one of you during this long and difficult high school experience."

"But I also live in a world of books.  One where I have learned that wardrobes have a bigger purpose with the Pevensies in Narnia, learned how to hunt and survive with Katniss and destroyed a corrupt government with Jonas. 

Cheers from the crowd erupt 

"THANK YOU DC HIGH!!!"

I hope you like it!! this took like 3 hours not even joking lol

I hope you like it!! this took like 3 hours not even joking lol. Leave ideas down below for more interesting stories!!

Love ya ;)

Bkrash2016