Niall Imagine - A Walk in the Snow

It's almost noon on a wintery January Monday. You're enjoying the peace with a warm cup of coffee in Niall's house in Mullingar. The snow has been gently falling since midnight in big flakes. This moment was perfect, it reminded you of the big snows you would get back home in the US. The town seemed deserted. There wasn't a car, a person, a dog, or a bird to be seen. No fans charging the house. All the residents seemed to be having a day in, so the snow was perfectly smooth, no foot or tire tracks running through it. Niall had gone to work early in the morning, but the snow had replaced his tracks by now.

A few days before, you two had made plans to go out to eat at the small-scale steak house located a couple blocks from your house. You'd been stuck inside for what seemed like years with a lovely cast on your left leg.

You took a hard spill off a horse a few months ago back at your home near Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. You were very dissapointed to be out for the rest of the Churchill meet, but Niall was ecstatic. He decided that it was best for you to mend under his supervision in Ireland. You guys were usually separated, living on opposite ends of the world because of your demanding careers. It did get lonely, only being able to see eachother a few days out of the months, but you made it work. Your relationship had always been happy and worry-free, so the miles didn't affect you to bad.

You healed fairly quickly due to Niall not allowing you to do anything by yourself (a trait you despised), so you had finally graduated to a walking boot. You could finally get around on your own 2 legs. It was very refreshing to not be so immobile, but your leg did still ache after an hour or so of being on it. A long-awaited lunch date would be a perfect way to celebrate!

You had finished getting read to go about a half hour before. You had on some white skinny jeans, a gray sweater, one black Converse shoe, one black walking cast, a black button up coat, and a gray beanie. Very monotone colors to go with the monotone scenery that you were very much enjoying out the living room window. You sighed as you realized that this unusually heavy snow was going to put a hold on your afternoon plans.

A little dissapointed, but still happy, you continued to sip your coffee when you saw Niall's Range Rover slowly, carefully putting down the street towards your house and into your garage. You get up and hobble over to the kitchen and lean against the cabinets for support, the ones across from the garage door. He walks in.

"Hey babe!" He greets you cheerily. He crosses the tile towards, leaving puddles where he steps, and kisses your forehead. You give him a little smirk.

"How was work?" you asked as left the kitchen and walked towards the bedroom.

"Boring.." he shouted from across the house. "..Modest flew a few guys over here, and we had a video conference with the rest of the office and the lads from their hotel room. It was just business matters. Very dull. I was so glad when it was over!" You chuckled. He acted like a child being given homework when it came to the business-ends of the band. "How was your morning?"

"Meh. Just been enjoying the snow from the couch. How are the roads?" you yelled back.

"Complete crap. The schools are closed and just about every business, too. I can't remember the last time we've gotten this much snow" he says as he walks back to the kitchen.

"Darn. That's too bad. I was looking forward to watching you stuff your face like it's your last meal." you say, a little dissapointed but adding some humor to the situation.

"Ouch!" he laughs as he picks you up off your feet and sets you on the counter. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." you answer, annoyed. He acted like your mom.

"I know the doctor said you can start being independent and walking around and stuff, but he's completely wrong. Please keep taking it easy! I don't want you to overdo yourself.." he scolds you like a child. He taps the end of your nose with his finger ".. Got it?" and walks towards the fridge.