The book of gifts

On a sunny monday afternoon on his way home from school a twelve year old boy, Ben finds an old and dusty empty sketch book laying on top of a trash. Ben heads down to the river to get some inspiration on things to draw in his new sketch pad. Ben sits on a rock down by the riverside with his sketch pad in his one hand and the pen he found with it in the other and dusts the book off and begins to open the book and begin drawing. As Ben sits he thinks of his life and tries to draw his fellings but is head is empty. Soon he starts to draw a flower he saw walking home from school then suddenly a Lilly starts to grow right up and bloom beside him. He looks at the Lily he drew and it starts to fade away. So Ben tries to do it again but this time he draws a frog and right before his eyes a living frog jumps on his lap, croaks than jumps in to the river.

   Ben runs home to show his parents what he had found. When he gets home he shows his parents what the book can do and begins to draw a bird and then a bird flies out of the book and flies around the house and sits on the end of the book as the bird flew out of the book the picture started to fade away ounce again and is parents saw a great opportunity to make there lives alot better. So after supper that night Ben goes to bed and his parents go in and get the book off his nightstand and brings it in to the living room and start to draw a penny and a penny falls on to the floor and fades off the page. Then his parents stay up most of the night trying different things to make from the book and begin to make jewelry,food, tool, etc. When Ben woke up he grab his book and got ready to go to school and show his friends his new book and the cool things it can make. When he gets to school he sees his friends sitting on the front steps of the schools waiting for school to start and he show them the book and shows them what it does by drawing a pencil and pen. His friends are jealous and wish they had their own book. After school Ben goes home were his parents are waiting for him to get home so they can use the book. Ben's friends come over and ask Ben if he wanted to play some baseball, Ben grabs his book and starts to draw a bat and glove then they fly out of the book. Ben goes out with his friends and leaves the book at home. While Ben is out playing his parents take the book and use it for themselves and they start to draw money and money starts to fly out of the book Ben comes back in the house and sees that his parents are using the book for personal gain and the book starts to glow and turn yellow so Ben takes the book and shuts it and it starts to glow green. Ben tells his parents that they're not aloud to use the book for personal gain again. Days later Ben's dad is diagnosed with cancer and Ben goes against what he said about useing it for personal gain and true to draw a cure but every time he drew a new cure to try the book started to glow green then yellow then red and the book when black and the pages turned a dark grey and then the book turn to ash. The next day Ben's dad past away and in memory of his father he put the books ashs in an old shoe box and labled it book of gifts and burried it in there backyard.

The End...

For now