Distance

It was almost midnight. My phone buzzed as I was trying to go to sleep.
"A message?"
It was my ex. I told him that we could still be friends but the way he was getting with me got on my nerves.
"Ugh Matt.. You're getting on my nerves." I thought as I sent a long reply in a message. "Please stop. I told you I wanted to be friends.."
I said things like "I can't be in a relationship in college."
" I don't want to deal with immaturity and drama.."
"I can't deal with you."
I tried being nice. I tried telling him to step back so many times. He wouldn't listen. So that's when I had to come off sternly. I wasn't rude, I didn't swear, but I chose to be stern about it. Why? Because I had enough. I wasn't someone's property or object. I'm human. I have feelings to. I did not want someone who loved me to be talking bad about me behind my back. When you love someone, you respect them. You take yourself and realize what your doing and work on yourself. Not always by yourself though. Your significant other should help too.
But relationships aren't always for everyone in college. That's why I'm choosing to be single. I need to focus on me. I want to become a doctor, while writing and creating works of art on the side. I want to make my life great. That's why I'm going to college. Girls and guys who are reading this.. Don't be with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable or one who desecrated you behind your back. Don't be with someone who's possessive and always wants to be up your ass when you want to do things. Don't be with someone who gets mad when you don't pay attention to them. Be with someone who will unconditionally love you and treat you with the uttermost respect while also respecting your wishes.
Relationships are a golden thing, wait until the right time to be in one that's suitable for you.