Invisible

Alana's POV

 I wish I was noticed by him . I wish every time he threw his head back in laughter it was because of me. I wish I was in his mind as much as he was in mine. I wish every time he had his arm around a girl he wished it was me. I wish Jack Gilinsky was madly in love with me. My friends constantly teased claiming I only liked him for his looks. But I saw something deeper in him. His gorgeous brown eyes held so many secrets in them. Things no one knew. 

" Alana, we're going to be late for lunch." My best friend Symphony said as she linked my arm and hers. 

" Sorry. I'm coming." I answered before walking down the hall with her.

" Don't tell me you were thinking about Jack again." She rolled her eyes. " Sweetie, I love you, you know that. But boys like Jack don't fall for girls like us." 

" Why is that? I have a great personality, I'm not to ugly-"

" Alana, no doubt your'e the most attractive girl in the grade. But Jack needs popularity, now c'mon I'm hungry."

I sighed dramatically and sat at our usual table. I immediately looked at Jack and within seconds we made eye contact.

Jack's POV

" That weird girl is staring at me again." I rolled my eyes. 

" She's kinda cute." My best friend Johnson shrugged.

" She is better looking than any girl in this school." my friend Nate pointed out.

" Maybe, but does she have any friends?" My friend Sammy asked.

" She's always with this one girl. Harmony or something like that." Jack Johnson said.

" Symphony." Mike said finally.

" I don't care how pretty she is, or how great of a personality she has. She's invisible. I have a reputation to maintain."  I said.

" Dude you suck." Sammy laughed. " She's like in love with you."

" And I'm like in love with Meghan Fox." I joked.

" I have a proposition." Nate pressed his fingers together. " If you date her and she falls in love with you, I'll give you my car."

" Easy." I said laughing. 

" I wasn't done. You have to take something from her." Nate lifted his eyebrows.

" Your'e gross. But your'e car is sweet. I'll do it." I shook Nate's hand. 

" Dude you better get started." Mike shoved me towards her table.

I walked over and her face lit up.

" Hey.." I said sliding in the chair next to her.

" Hi." she said. " Jack right?" 

I was surprised. I knew for sure she knew my name, she was trying to be nonchalant.   

"  Alice right?" I said. Two can play at this game.

" Alana actually." her friend rolled her eyes.

" God, I'm sorry. So I'm having a party this weekend and I was wondering if you'd like to come." I asked looking at Alana.

" I don't know if I'm around." she said. " Maybe." Then she started walking out.

" Your'e kidding right?" I yelled out to her.

" No." she yelled back. " Bye Jack!" 

Her friend walked behind her.  " She's not gonna be like the rest." she whispered.

I chuckled to myself and went back to my table.