I Do. {An Original Novel}

Mia Wellington is a perfectionist; plain and simple. Everything from her light brown hair, down to her pedicured toes. Not a hair was out of place, and her clothes were inside her color scheme; a variation of greens, purples and browns.

Calling Mia old-fashioned was an understatement. Living in today's world, finding a woman that still had the polite 'lady' manners is very rare. But, still Mia sat cross-legged, she never swears, she never cries in public.

But, most importantly, Mia believes in true love. Of course, she's still waiting for that 'Prince Charming'. But, nonetheless, she knows he's out there somewhere. And, she's willing to wait for however long it takes for him to show up and whisk her off her feet.

With that being said, Mia is one of the best wedding planners that Chicago has seen. She is sure that everything is perfect for the happy couple's day. She knows the best florists, the best bands, the best dress stores, the best shoe stores, the best catering companies; everything that the stressed couple would ever need to know.

She happily takes over all responisibilities to the big day, and busies herself with all the lengthy planning. Her family calls her crazy, her friends call her obsessed, her clients call her a savior. But, Mia sees it as second nature.

So, this is why Mia Wellington finds herself waiting patiently at a local pub, with some sort of football game being shown on tv. In all of her 26 years of living in this town, she's never stepped foot in this bar. It must show on her like some sort of neon sign, because the habitants of the bar stare at her like she's a boy inside of a lingerie store.

"Hey, Mia!" She hears behind her. Never before has she been so relieved to hear someone call out her name.

She turns around to see the familiar couple approaching her. Janie and Rick Grist, two very playful and friendly people. Janie is very forgetfull and is rarely on time, and Rick can never take anything serious. At first, Mia was very uncomfortable around the couple that were always joking. But, they've grown on her, like many of her clients.

Janie gives Mia a tight hug, looking more stressed than she did the week before when they were together. And, of course, Rick looks completely calm and at-ease. That's how it usually is in the couples.

"Hi Janie, Rick," Mia smiles and gives Janie a hug, and Rick and handshake. "The big day is next weekend, are you getting excited?" She asks, sitting back down at the stools at the bar. Rick pulls out a stool for Janie and Mia can't help but to smile.

"If by excited, you mean tempted by the liquor cabinent, then yes," Rick replies, waving down the bartender. Mia smiles at Rick's familiar sense of humor. Janie just rolls her eyes and rests her elbows on the bar top.

"It's a little scary," Janie admits, "But, I know that you have everything under control. You're superwoman," She smiles at Mia.

Mia couldn't deny that. Everything is in order for Janie and Rick's beachside wedding. The jazz band send Mia a recording of all the songs that Janie and Rick had requested to be played. The dresses have already been picked up by Janie and her, last week. She had called the florist yesterday, and they assured her that the arrangements would be ready on Saturday.

"It's my job," Mia says, humbly. "But, the point of this last meeting is to be sure that there isn't anything else that you need done for the wedding, anything else that you are worried about. I'm here for you, for whatever you need done." She explains why she had called to set up a get-together so close to the wedding.

Janie looks to Rick and he shrugs and sips on his beer that the bartender had just laid in front of him.

"You've really been so great to us, Mia. We went into this whole wedding thing, completely blind. We had no idea what we had to set up, or what we had to reserve, and you've really made our wedding a dream come true." Janie says, setting her hand ontop of Mia's.