You Found Me

prologue

Sam's POV

Count your blessings. Always. My only one is the boy with bleach blond hair that is sitting right beside me trying to comfort me. Yes I said trying. Because he's trying his best to comfort me. To get this knife out of my hands, but its not working. Its never going to work. He just doesn't know it.

I hold my left arm out palm up. So I can see the many times I've cut myself. 'Another one won't hurt.' echoes in my head. So I do it. Once. Twice. Three times. I dab at the wounds. Then I quickly pull down my sleeve of my oversized, thin, sweatshirt so the boy that is sitting next to me doesn't see.

"Let me see your arms please Sam?" Says the blond haired boy. The boy I would risk my life for. The boy I love. His name is Seth.

"No Seth. And why?" "So I can see how many times you needed me and I wasn't there." I reluctantly lift up my sleeves as Seth takes my arm and rubs the scars. I see silent tears roll down his face as he utters the words "why Sam?"

Those words make me brake down. The only words I can think of I say to him. "I don't know Seth." More tears roll down His face, but he quickly wipes them away.

"I'm so sorry Sam. Its all my fault." "No its not Seth. Why would you even say that?!" "I'm a terrible boyfriend. I haven't been there to protect you." He says. More silent tears roll down his face.

'you won't have much longer.' I think. 'Look at how much pain you put him in! Your so stupid putting this poor boy through all your problems.' 'He cheated on me though.' Which he did. He's apologized a million times, but sorry doesn't get it.

I move away from him. Some sand from my previous position going with me. I pick up my guitar and set the knife down for the first time since i ran out here. I look out at the sea.

I want to play a couple of songs for Seth expressing how I feel since I refuse to talk anymore. I start singing and playing the first one which is 'Crush' by David Archuleta.

' I hung up the phone tonight

Something happened for the first time

Deep inside it was a rush, what a rush

Cause the possibility

That you would ever feel the same way

About me, is just too much, just too much

Why do I keep running from the truth?

All I ever think about is you

You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized

And I just got to know

Do you ever think when you're all alone

All that we can be, where this thing can go?

Am I crazy or falling in love?

Is it really just another crush?

Do you catch a breath when I look at you?

Are you holding back like the way I do?

Cause I've tried and tried to walk away

But I know this crush aint going away-ay-ay-ay

Going away-ay-ay-ay

Has it ever crossed your mind